+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default stem cell news: iPS cells reverted to pristine state

Researchers cracked a major hurlde in the iPS (cells reverted back to stem cells) area. Until now, the resulting iPS cells were still slightly genetically different from their Embryonic counterparts. The Europeans have not solved that and can now create pristine state stem cells from for example skin cells: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0911125047.htm

Who was in contact with dr Xu ? I think it was SdSurfin right ? I'd love to hear his comment on this breakthrough ! Maybe this facilitates the ipS -> DP cell differentation.

Arashi, I am quite new to this hair cloning business and don't seem to find much on google. As an experienced person could you tell me why it isn't possible yet, so what the problems are and how far we are with this? Actually I am wondering if there is anything to look forward to...

Quote Originally Posted by 2young2bald View Post
    Arashi, I am quite new to this hair cloning business and don't seem to find much on google. As an experienced person could you tell me why it isn't possible yet, so what the problems are and how far we are with this? Actually I am wondering if there is anything to look forward to...
    Yeah we'd need a newbie FAQ. But in short: if we have DP cells we can grow hair, so the problem is getting those DP cells. There are 2 options to make DP cells:

1) Deduce stem cells to differentiate into DP cells or
    2) Culture DP cells.

Nobody succeeded yet in doing that first, yet it seems a plausible route and Dr Xu also said this would be very possible. But since induced pluripotent stem cells weren't 100% identical to embryonic stem cells, that could have formed a big problem. It seems that's now out of the way but I don't have any idea how difficult it is to deduce inducede pluripotent stem cells, with this new method, to become DP cells and how well those would grow hair.

About culturing DP cells, the 2nd route: DP cells can now be cultured yet after culturing they lose gene expression so the cultured versions are not identical to their original counterparts anymore. The cultured DP cells can still induce hair follicles formation but since genetic information is lost, the resulting hair is not yet cosmetically viable (thin, white etc), so researchers are now trying to solve that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Yeah we'd need a newbie FAQ. But in short: if we have DP cells we can grow hair, so the problem is getting those DP cells. There are 2 options to make DP cells:

1) Deduce stem cells to differentiate into DP cells or
    2) Culture DP cells.

Nobody succeeded yet in doing that first, yet it seems a plausible route and Dr Xu also said this would be very possible. But since induced pluripotent stem cells weren't 100% identical to embryonic stem cells, that could have formed a big problem. It seems that's now out of the way but I don't have any idea how difficult it is to deduce inducede pluripotent stem cells, with this new method, to become DP cells and how well those would grow hair.

About culturing DP cells, the 2nd route: DP cells can now be cultured yet after culturing they lose gene expression so the cultured versions are not identical to their original counterparts anymore. The cultured DP cells can still induce hair follicles formation but since genetic information is lost, the resulting hair is not yet cosmetically viable (thin, white etc), so researchers are now trying to solve that.
    Didn't we think that follicles could only properly be 'cloned' if DP cells were cultured ALONG WITH epithelial cells?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Didn't we think that follicles could only properly be 'cloned' if DP cells were cultured ALONG WITH epithelial cells?
    There are all kinds of theories as what's causing the genetic loss and how to restore it but it seems plausible that it's indeed some kind of cell signaling that's missing in the current models.

Thank you for explaining. From what I read hair cloning is still far away. So, what do you think of hst and replicel. I heard replicel is doing phase 2 trails and are testing if more injections mean more regrowth.

Thank you for explaining. From what I read hair cloning is still far away. So, what do you think of hst and replicel. I heard replicel is doing phase 2 trails and are testing if more injections mean more regrowth.
    HST is a scam: http://www.hasci-exposed.com/
    Replicel might be interesting but who knows. We've seen several 'interesting' companies come and go. So yeah at the moment, I'd say hair cloning is still 'far away'.

I'd say this is the most interesting development recently by far: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=17394 if these guys can transform exisiting medicine like topical Fina or Dut so that there are no more side effects, then most of us can keep their hair for a LONG time to come ...

I know that HST is a scam, I actually meant HCS (histogen). But from what I read that means that there is nothing to look forward to , f***.

I know that HST is a scam, I actually meant HCS (histogen). But from what I read that means that there is nothing to look forward to , f***.
    Never give up hope ! And this is actually, in my opinion, the most promising news for a short term solution ever: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=17394 and it came just out of nowhere, so who knows what else is in the pipeline. Stay strong !