+ Reply to Thread

Default How bad is my thinning?

I pretty much accepted the fact that I am balding and started treatment 1-2 years ago ( BIG 3). However, I stopped using minox and nizoral after not seeing much improvement after using it for year and a half or so. Still on Fin tho (proscar).

Currently, I think my hair is still same as before w/ no improvements. And I just wanted to know what i am on the NORWOOD Scale and how bad my hair is atm.
    Oh and I probably have retrograde alopecia and going for nw7
    I'm only 22 and I HATE WIND

Also, my forelock seems to be receding sadly as you can see white part of the scalp as if it is chipped.

Album of my hair: all taken yesterday
    http://imgur.com/a/x2Du4

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by windismyworstenemy View Post
    I pretty much accepted the fact that I am balding and started treatment 1-2 years ago ( BIG 3). However, I stopped using minox and nizoral after not seeing much improvement after using it for year and a half or so. Still on Fin tho (proscar).

Currently, I think my hair is still same as before w/ no improvements. And I just wanted to know what i am on the NORWOOD Scale and how bad my hair is atm.
    Oh and I probably have retrograde alopecia and going for nw7
    I'm only 22 and I HATE WIND

Also, my forelock seems to be receding sadly as you can see white part of the scalp as if it is chipped.

Album of my hair: all taken yesterday
    http://imgur.com/a/x2Du4
    Your pictures look good and 22 is really too young to determine where you hair will be in 20 years without knowing about your family history of hair loss. Is your father a Norwood 7? How is the hair on your mother's side of the family? If you can, you should continue using minoxidil and Nizoral. They are probably helping at least a little.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

My father started losing his hair around the crown area only when he was in his 40s, it's really becoming thinning now as he is in his 50s. My mom's family side however has the most thick hair I have ever seen and no family history of MPB.

My dad's family unfortunately do have MPB. And from what I have observed they lose hair on the crown first in their 40 or 50s then go completely bald on the top as they get older. My father do not have receding hairline at all, just thinning on top atm.

Also my older brother has very thick hair but we have different hair type. Mine is half curly hair

Edit: Thinning above ears and nape I had it as long as I remember. I think my hair is in the same state now as when I was in high school 6 years ago looking at the pictures back then ( was trying very hard to cover my forehead with thin frontal hairs I have). Not completely sure though.