Threaded View

Hi Balding1983,

I understand your frustration. Your concern is a valid one. When a patient is having an issue and then they go quiet a couple of reasons are possible. Yes, the clinic may have given a refund to the patient in exchange for their silence. However, another reason may be that the clinic and the patient came to an agreement that the patient may be too anxious and the patient should simply take a break from the forums. I've seen patients get a little too involved in the forums and they are given bad advise which has led to unrealistic expectations. This happens.

Of course, a large percentage of patients complain and then after a few more months their result turns out fine but they don't bother to update anyone online because they are happier and just want to move away from the forums. This is extremely frustrating because patients want to know what is going on but more than that, the clinic wants the patient to update everyone so they don't look bad, lol!

I think for you, you should start a thread on all the forums you are a member of, or will be a member of, and ask for input from patients of the doctor(s) you are considering. I guarantee that you will get responses, not just publicly, but privately as well and you will hear good and bad and everything in between. I hope this helps.