+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Which HT Doctor is best for Donor Recharging?

Hi,

I had a HT about 1.5 months ago (3500 FUE), but have had alot of shockloss in the donor region, and I am not sure if there has been overharvesting in the donor area as well, because it is really thin- almost shiny in one spot on the RHS ear region. I am not sure also why they didnt extract the follicles evenly across the scalp. The sides are v.thin, but the nape of the neck region is still dense, which looks odd. The other thing is, the HT doctor did not do the extractions.

I am currently using rogaine 5% azelaic acid (******* 5%) in the area, and also Hair Max laser therapy to help heal the donor region quicker. (also taking propecia, using Biotin Spray and taking Saw Palmetto and MSM)

I am just wondering if I do need donor recharging in the future, who is the best doctor? Feller, Umar, Cole, Woods or Hasson & Wong? Also which HT doctors do their own extractions.

Comments appreciated.

who did your hair transplant?

I wish I could tell you, but for legal reasons, and also for the fact that it is a bit early in the peace, I'll have to refrain from mentioning names. What I can say is this. Don't make the same mistake as me and rush into a HT. Also look at mutiple forums, which are not paid sites. Some people are posting fake pictures stating they got a FUE when it was actually a FUSS. Make sure the HT doctor does the incisions, and also preferably the extractions. If the person doing the extractions is not the HT doctor, find out how many years experience that person has had, and also which patients have had experience with not only the HT doctor but also the technician. You dont want a situation where the technician is new and inexperienced and does the extractions.

Somebody reckons shockloss takes 3-4 months to regrow. Lets hope I am just overreacting and that it will grow back.

Anyway, does anyone know who is the best donor HT repair surgeon?

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

You really need to wait another 3-6 months to see what your donor is going to end up with. Most times with shock loss in the donor area there is a 90-100% return of shocked hairs. There is a chance that you will not feel the same way in due time. 1.5 months is not nearly enough time to make final opinion of success in the donor area. Hang in there and see what happens.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Thanks Dr Charles. Its good to get a professional perspective on this. I will wait a few more months and then reassess.

Would it be possible to post some pictures to show the areas you mentioned? To give us a better idea of how you look now at just 1.5 months?

This would be very nice to see your recovery stage / regrowth so far.

Thanks.

Once again, I appreciate the concern. I think I will just wait until the 5 month mark and reassess it again. If things are good, I might post some photos. At the moment, I'm gonna try and focus on something else less depressing.

Hi I am at 5 months and a week after my third HT. My Donor area is the biggest I have ever seen online and I have no confidence in front of women now. I have become a zombie. I really would like to know about a repair person for future work..

Hi Turbo, where did you have your sessions? - Do you have any pics - at only 5 months you have a way to go till the final result so don't be too down hearted.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Hi Spex. I am feeling a lot better now, please see the other forum in which I've posted. This comment was a snapshot of how I was feeling at that moment, as I thought that my situation was hopeless. But now I realise that I am not going to solve anything by just being 'down'.