+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Norwood two isn't really hair loss to be honest. The only relevant reason to be upset about it would be the prospect of future loss.

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    Acceptance is a spiritual practice I agree....Just hard to do when I see how bald I am, and how much it hurts...
    Just wear a hairpiece and see if that makes any difference when it comes to attracting women. If not, then your problem is not baldness.

Whenever you guys who are around a Norwood 2, get sad or think life is bad, just think about me. Norwood 7 by mid 20s, and now is late 20s in age. I have no job, no career, no girlfriend.
    Just think about me, and you'll see you are in a much better place.
    Working out is fun. I'll admit, my depression goes away during and for 2 hours post workout. I still have to buy more stylish clothes. Job hunt is not working out for me. I may just have to work at Burger King or K-mart.
    FlightTL, you have depression, like you said yourself (in the part I quoted).
    Saying that you have no job, no career, no girlfriend and being generally down about things, really sounds like you are derpressed.
    And clearly some self-esteem issues.

You should really get some counselling, it will help you.

I know what you're going to say, you'll say you can't afford it.
    But you can probably afford at least 1 hour. Really you should try it even for that first hour.
    And if you can afford to go to the gym, you can probably afford the odd counselling session.

So when you go there, you can air all you worries and work through these problems with a professional. So that you can get back into life
    It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you, but like you said you need to work out your life, career, girlfriend, your baldness worries etc. and you clearly want to talk it through, because you keep posting about it.
    They should be able to help you work through all these things, towards seeing things in a more healthy manner.
    You can do it man, and it's much easier with someone to help.

Please consider this and tell me what you think. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James7 View Post
    FlightTL, you have depression, like you said yourself (in the part I quoted).
    Saying that you have no job, no career, no girlfriend and being generally down about things, really sounds like you are derpressed.
    And clearly some self-esteem issues.

You should really get some counselling, it will help you.

I know what you're going to say, you'll say you can't afford it.
    But you can probably afford at least 1 hour. Really you should try it even for that first hour.
    And if you can afford to go to the gym, you can probably afford the odd counselling session.

So when you go there, you can air all you worries and work through these problems with a professional. So that you can get back into life
    It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you, but like you said you need to work out your life, career, girlfriend, your baldness worries etc. and you clearly want to talk it through, because you keep posting about it.
    They should be able to help you work through all these things, towards seeing things in a more healthy manner.
    You can do it man, and it's much easier with someone to help.

Please consider this and tell me what you think. Thanks

Yes...I might just have to visit a therapist...

Yes...I might just have to visit a therapist...
    I think you should. At this point you are your own worst enemy. Not saying being NW7 doesn't suck, but it is what it is. Time to deal with it and make the best of what you have. Your 20's are just about gone. If you don't change your 30's will soon be gone too.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I think you should. At this point you are your own worst enemy. Not saying being NW7 doesn't suck, but it is what it is. Time to deal with it and make the best of what you have. Your 20's are just about gone. If you don't change your 30's will soon be gone too.
    Your words are true. I'm terrified my 30s will go to waste, as my 20s did...

Well in his defense his 20s and 30s will be gone no matter what he does just like the rest of us. You cant really do a lot about time passing and it always goes by too fast.

I was really down about my hair a year ago and it was only a 1.5 on the norwood scale. It stayed like that for a year and over the last month I've been shedding like crazy and it's probably at 2.5 now. The irony being that I dream of having the hair that made me depressed a year ago. It's not fun this, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    I was really down about my hair a year ago and it was only a 1.5 on the norwood scale. It stayed like that for a year and over the last month I've been shedding like crazy and it's probably at 2.5 now. The irony being that I dream of having the hair that made me depressed a year ago. It's not fun this, is it?

Think about me, I'm Norwood 7. You can still have a social life.

Think about me, I'm Norwood 7. You can still have a social life.
    You might suit that though, I don't know. I don't know if it's the same for everyone else but every guy I see with hair loss (at any stage) seems to look 'alright' to me. It looks normal enough. It just doesn't when it's me or something.