+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I doubt it... a huge majority of men don't treat their hair loss and the majority of those that do resort to shampoos that lie about hair growth. Only a fraction of men actually use propecia and even then it doesnt reverse hair loss but rather slows it down.

I personally believe the numbers are exaggerated. I could only believe that the number really was 66% of men by age 35 *if* it meant hair loss of any type which included minimal non-visible thinning or the slightest recession. That to me doesn't count. If you don't have an ugly massive forehead, pitiful density or a giant spot of slick bald skin on your crown you shouldn't be in the conversation.

Who makes these stats though?
    I see what you guys are saying. I'm one of the few guys in my age group that has to deal with this bullshit. It literally feels like a curse. But I'm 2 months on finpecia now. Hopefully that will make my hair aesthetically better until the solution comes out to really stop hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by cichlidfort View Post
    I see what you guys are saying. I'm one of the few guys in my age group that has to deal with this bullshit. It literally feels like a curse. But I'm 2 months on finpecia now. Hopefully that will make my hair aesthetically better until the solution comes out to really stop hair loss.
    Doesn't matter, since you are 6'7. Bald and tall = badass.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Doesn't matter, since you are 6'7. Bald and tall = badass.
    Fortunately yes however if I can help it, I would greatly prefer not to be bald.

Fortunately yes however if I can help it, I would greatly prefer not to be bald.
    As is the case with 99.99% of all men. Oddly, my best friend is balding too and he says he cant wait for all of it to go completely bald as he wants to stop having to shave it.

As is the case with 99.99% of all men. Oddly, my best friend is balding too and he says he cant wait for all of it to go completely bald as he wants to stop having to shave it.
    Yeah I bet. We can always pull off the bald look even with hair. I would just like the option to grow hair too.

I just read somewhere that as the follicle miniaturizes, our sebaceous glands stay the same size with the same output of sebum oil. In that sebum oil is DHT and some other hormones. They said its best to wash your hair frequently to prevent the hormones from entering back into the scalp. I don't know about you guys but in my experience I've always noticed much more hair fall when I don't wash my hair. When I do wash it it's not as bad.

Yeah I bet. We can always pull off the bald look even with hair. I would just like the option to grow hair too.

I just read somewhere that as the follicle miniaturizes, our sebaceous glands stay the same size with the same output of sebum oil. In that sebum oil is DHT and some other hormones. They said its best to wash your hair frequently to prevent the hormones from entering back into the scalp. I don't know about you guys but in my experience I've always noticed much more hair fall when I don't wash my hair. When I do wash it it's not as bad.
    I wash my hair daily. Doesn't help.

That is just broscience. Like Hellouser said, it doesn't have any effect at all.

maybe he does care about it but already accepted that he is going to be bald and he is just too lazy to shave everyday :P.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Those 43% men you are talking about, are probably the low testosterone, high estrogen, narrow shouldered and wide hips guys with barely any facial hair. Those men obviously don't bald because they are too feminine. I would rather be bald and masculine than a low T feminine guy with a feminine hairline and a baby face.
    What a stupid post. You're one of those guys that think balding men are just testosterone jacked monkeys right ? It's been proven that balding men have the same if not less testosterone than guys with full heads of hair. We're just victims of bad genetics, that's all it is. Your hair follicles are genetically weak.