Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2young2bald
    • May 2014

Originally posted by hellouser
    I gotta agree with this. I'm the youngest guy in the entire building at work (with many departments). There are only a handful of men with hair loss in my building and yet I'm the only one out of maybe 100+ people with a NW3 hairline. There are bald guys, but they're all old; 50 years and up.

This also applies to my friends as well. Damn near every guy I know that is my age, younger or even older is either NW1 or NW2. The number of bald or balding guys I know is minimal. Out of 153 male friends of mine I counted only 25 with visible hair loss (so basically, NW3 or higher, as NW2 is sometimes difficult to spot). Mind you, some of the guys we're significantly older as well, but also out of the 153 total there were many other older men as well.

I cannot believe that 66% figure when I see men around me and the number is more around 16%.
    Tell me about it. I am the only guy in my entire school who is balding and my brother is the only guy in the entire college that is balding. the number of balding people that he and me encounter in our schools is 0%. Ow wait except some old teachers making it 0.5 %. Also I almost never see a young bald/balding guy, even in crowded places.

Comment

• baldozer
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by 2young2bald
      Tell me about it. I am the only guy in my entire school who is balding and my brother is the only guy in the entire college that is balding. the number of balding people that he and me encounter in our schools is 0%. Ow wait except some old teachers making it 0.5 %. Also I almost never see a young bald/balding guy, even in crowded places.
      Perhaps, that is because every guy nowadays who is balding is taking propecia.

Comment

• 2young2bald
        • May 2014

Originally posted by baldozer
        Yeah I get what you mean but propecia is not a wonderdrug. It can scare young people off or they get misinformation about hairloss and first start with "natural" ways causing them to take it too late.Most young people don't think to much about the possibility of balding (causing there hairline to recede a lot) and can be in denial for 2 long. Or fin simply doens't work for them or they never heard of it. But yes propecia reduces the bald population.

Comment

• hellouser
          • May 2012

I doubt it... a huge majority of men don't treat their hair loss and the majority of those that do resort to shampoos that lie about hair growth. Only a fraction of men actually use propecia and even then it doesnt reverse hair loss but rather slows it down.

I personally believe the numbers are exaggerated. I could only believe that the number really was 66% of men by age 35 *if* it meant hair loss of any type which included minimal non-visible thinning or the slightest recession. That to me doesn't count. If you don't have an ugly massive forehead, pitiful density or a giant spot of slick bald skin on your crown you shouldn't be in the conversation.

Who makes these stats though?

Comment

• baldozer
            • Oct 2012

I doubt it... a huge majority of men don't treat their hair loss and the majority of those that do resort to shampoos that lie about hair growth. Only a fraction of men actually use propecia and even then it doesnt reverse hair loss but rather slows it down.

I personally believe the numbers are exaggerated. I could only believe that the number really was 66% of men by age 35 *if* it meant hair loss of any type which included minimal non-visible thinning or the slightest recession. That to me doesn't count. If you don't have an ugly massive forehead, pitiful density or a giant spot of slick bald skin on your crown you shouldn't be in the conversation.

It also depends where you live. In U.S for example, you might not see a lot of balding men, because there a lot of ethnics, blacks and latinos there. But in western europe, you see a lot more, as balding gene is much more prevalent among the whites than ethnics, blacks and latinos. I think, we bald men are at a higher stage of evolution, as hair is useless anyway.

Comment

• cichlidfort
              • Jan 2013

I see what you guys are saying. I'm one of the few guys in my age group that has to deal with this bullshit. It literally feels like a curse. But I'm 2 months on finpecia now. Hopefully that will make my hair aesthetically better until the solution comes out to really stop hair loss.

Comment

• baldozer
                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by cichlidfort
                I see what you guys are saying. I'm one of the few guys in my age group that has to deal with this bullshit. It literally feels like a curse. But I'm 2 months on finpecia now. Hopefully that will make my hair aesthetically better until the solution comes out to really stop hair loss.
                Doesn't matter, since you are 6'7. Bald and tall = badass.

Comment

• cichlidfort
                  • Jan 2013

Doesn't matter, since you are 6'7. Bald and tall = badass.
                  Fortunately yes however if I can help it, I would greatly prefer not to be bald.

Comment

• hellouser
                    • May 2012

Fortunately yes however if I can help it, I would greatly prefer not to be bald.
                    As is the case with 99.99% of all men. Oddly, my best friend is balding too and he says he cant wait for all of it to go completely bald as he wants to stop having to shave it.

Comment

• cichlidfort
                      • Jan 2013

As is the case with 99.99% of all men. Oddly, my best friend is balding too and he says he cant wait for all of it to go completely bald as he wants to stop having to shave it.
                      Yeah I bet. We can always pull off the bald look even with hair. I would just like the option to grow hair too.

I just read somewhere that as the follicle miniaturizes, our sebaceous glands stay the same size with the same output of sebum oil. In that sebum oil is DHT and some other hormones. They said its best to wash your hair frequently to prevent the hormones from entering back into the scalp. I don't know about you guys but in my experience I've always noticed much more hair fall when I don't wash my hair. When I do wash it it's not as bad.

Comment

• hellouser
                        • May 2012

Yeah I bet. We can always pull off the bald look even with hair. I would just like the option to grow hair too.

I just read somewhere that as the follicle miniaturizes, our sebaceous glands stay the same size with the same output of sebum oil. In that sebum oil is DHT and some other hormones. They said its best to wash your hair frequently to prevent the hormones from entering back into the scalp. I don't know about you guys but in my experience I've always noticed much more hair fall when I don't wash my hair. When I do wash it it's not as bad.
                        I wash my hair daily. Doesn't help.

Comment

• baldozer
                          • Oct 2012

That is just broscience. Like Hellouser said, it doesn't have any effect at all.

Comment

• 2young2bald
                            • May 2014

maybe he does care about it but already accepted that he is going to be bald and he is just too lazy to shave everyday :P.

Comment

• HairIsLife
                              • Aug 2014

Those 43% men you are talking about, are probably the low testosterone, high estrogen, narrow shouldered and wide hips guys with barely any facial hair. Those men obviously don't bald because they are too feminine. I would rather be bald and masculine than a low T feminine guy with a feminine hairline and a baby face.
                              What a stupid post. You're one of those guys that think balding men are just testosterone jacked monkeys right ? It's been proven that balding men have the same if not less testosterone than guys with full heads of hair. We're just victims of bad genetics, that's all it is. Your hair follicles are genetically weak.

Comment

Working...