+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 2young2bald View Post
    Actually 40% of hair loss sufferers in the US are women, they problems are that that fact is keeping hidden and I think that most of them don't lose their hair when they are between the age 16-28.
    Don't believe those statistics. Apparently 2/3 men by the age of 35 have hair loss, which is a clear load of shit considering the well known statistics say that 3/10 (30%) men deal with hair loss in their thirties, not 2/3 (66%). Take a walk outside and you'll see that majority of men below 40 still have full heads of hair. Those AHLA statistics are far from being accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post
    Don't believe those statistics. Apparently 2/3 men by the age of 35 have hair loss, which is a clear load of shit considering the well known statistics say that 3/10 (30%) men deal with hair loss in their thirties, not 2/3 (66%). Take a walk outside and you'll see that majority of men below 40 still have full heads of hair. Those AHLA statistics are far from being accurate.
    2/3 deal with SOME type of hairloss. Doesn't have to be full blown bald or terrible recession. Balding starts somewhere ya know.

The average male has a 4 in 7 chance of getting MPB, that's 57% of men with MPB and 43% of men without MPB.

How is it even possible that 66% of men would be balding by age 35 when it doesn't even affect that many men ? It's a load of shit. Yeah, SOME degree of hair loss, still the statistics are overblown. 43% of men don't even have the gene.

The average male has a 4 in 7 chance of getting MPB, that's 57% of men with MPB and 43% of men without MPB.

How is it even possible that 66% of men would be balding by age 35 when it doesn't even affect that many men ? It's a load of shit. Yeah, SOME degree of hair loss, still the statistics are overblown. 43% of men don't even have the gene.
    Those 43% men you are talking about, are probably the low testosterone, high estrogen, narrow shouldered and wide hips guys with barely any facial hair. Those men obviously don't bald because they are too feminine. I would rather be bald and masculine than a low T feminine guy with a feminine hairline and a baby face.

I gotta agree with this. I'm the youngest guy in the entire building at work (with many departments). There are only a handful of men with hair loss in my building and yet I'm the only one out of maybe 100+ people with a NW3 hairline. There are bald guys, but they're all old; 50 years and up.

This also applies to my friends as well. Damn near every guy I know that is my age, younger or even older is either NW1 or NW2. The number of bald or balding guys I know is minimal. Out of 153 male friends of mine I counted only 25 with visible hair loss (so basically, NW3 or higher, as NW2 is sometimes difficult to spot). Mind you, some of the guys we're significantly older as well, but also out of the 153 total there were many other older men as well.

I cannot believe that 66% figure when I see men around me and the number is more around 16%.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I gotta agree with this. I'm the youngest guy in the entire building at work (with many departments). There are only a handful of men with hair loss in my building and yet I'm the only one out of maybe 100+ people with a NW3 hairline. There are bald guys, but they're all old; 50 years and up.

This also applies to my friends as well. Damn near every guy I know that is my age, younger or even older is either NW1 or NW2. The number of bald or balding guys I know is minimal. Out of 153 male friends of mine I counted only 25 with visible hair loss (so basically, NW3 or higher, as NW2 is sometimes difficult to spot). Mind you, some of the guys we're significantly older as well, but also out of the 153 total there were many other older men as well.

I cannot believe that 66% figure when I see men around me and the number is more around 16%.
    Tell me about it. I am the only guy in my entire school who is balding and my brother is the only guy in the entire college that is balding. the number of balding people that he and me encounter in our schools is 0%. Ow wait except some old teachers making it 0.5 %. Also I almost never see a young bald/balding guy, even in crowded places.

Quote Originally Posted by 2young2bald View Post
    Tell me about it. I am the only guy in my entire school who is balding and my brother is the only guy in the entire college that is balding. the number of balding people that he and me encounter in our schools is 0%. Ow wait except some old teachers making it 0.5 %. Also I almost never see a young bald/balding guy, even in crowded places.
    Perhaps, that is because every guy nowadays who is balding is taking propecia.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Yeah I get what you mean but propecia is not a wonderdrug. It can scare young people off or they get misinformation about hairloss and first start with "natural" ways causing them to take it too late.Most young people don't think to much about the possibility of balding (causing there hairline to recede a lot) and can be in denial for 2 long. Or fin simply doens't work for them or they never heard of it. But yes propecia reduces the bald population.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    I doubt it... a huge majority of men don't treat their hair loss and the majority of those that do resort to shampoos that lie about hair growth. Only a fraction of men actually use propecia and even then it doesnt reverse hair loss but rather slows it down.

I personally believe the numbers are exaggerated. I could only believe that the number really was 66% of men by age 35 *if* it meant hair loss of any type which included minimal non-visible thinning or the slightest recession. That to me doesn't count. If you don't have an ugly massive forehead, pitiful density or a giant spot of slick bald skin on your crown you shouldn't be in the conversation.

Who makes these stats though?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I doubt it... a huge majority of men don't treat their hair loss and the majority of those that do resort to shampoos that lie about hair growth. Only a fraction of men actually use propecia and even then it doesnt reverse hair loss but rather slows it down.

I personally believe the numbers are exaggerated. I could only believe that the number really was 66% of men by age 35 *if* it meant hair loss of any type which included minimal non-visible thinning or the slightest recession. That to me doesn't count. If you don't have an ugly massive forehead, pitiful density or a giant spot of slick bald skin on your crown you shouldn't be in the conversation.

Who makes these stats though?
    It also depends where you live. In U.S for example, you might not see a lot of balding men, because there a lot of ethnics, blacks and latinos there. But in western europe, you see a lot more, as balding gene is much more prevalent among the whites than ethnics, blacks and latinos. I think, we bald men are at a higher stage of evolution, as hair is useless anyway.