+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Young and Balding - from a negative situation to a positive approach

hello everyone - i'm fairly new to this board and i posted my introduction/situation here (entitled "26,first operation and going for a MOHAWK transplant ! ", anyone with a good advice regarding doctors etc please drop me a line!)

anyway,
    i just wanna share with you bros my personal experience - first off,i never actually had a "normal" head shape,let alone normal hair and dandruff - like most of us here, shaving alone is a problem but i wanna give you all (especially to the youngest among us) a big trick to what concern coping with hairloss. no wigs,no hats,no drugs without/with few sucky results and alot of sides....

the first step - learn to not give a shit about your hair loss.

it's a stupid sickness who feeds up,among other things,on anger and frustration (= stress is a cancer for our whole bodies,even more for the hair) and the more you get fed up the more the bastard ignite the reaction that destroys the follicles.
    so : don't give a **** about it. unless you got visible scars you should be perfectly able to shave yourself clean and use your day for something else...Be confident with yourself and good things will follow,be unsure about yourself and nothing will come your way...just more and more stress. Be active and see the thing in another perspective : you will overcome this shit and you got the time to fix it if you got the intelligence to do so - which leads to step two.

step two - focus on what you have and not what you don't .

Guess what? i'm an extremely rational kind of person and i thought, well - i have to catch two birds with one rock - i have plenty of TIME to use for searching a solution to my problem or pretty much waste it daydreaming on how good i'd look with hair,etc. etc. .... we all do that constantly,and it takes way too much time. I/you have few hair? So what? it's your choice to sit down and moan about it forever until you'll have zero hair or just accept ONLY for now your situation. Keep doing gym,keep working hard and keep on having fun .... more endorphines means less stress and less stress means less possibilities to having hair loss spreading around your head. Eat and play with your bros,**** the hair - your mind and your convinction is your own good medicine. Think you got em and you're halfway out of the problem.

step three - rationalize your situation
    I dont have many hair right now,but when i was younger (16 years old) i had long hair - magnificent long silk and thick looking black hair. I was pretty proud of it, and for some reasons (genetics,depression,and yes,i did drugs) i lost them : compared to what i passed anyway,losing hair is a little matter - Of course,i'd like to have them back but i'm not even sure if my idea of a mohawk transplant will work - see - i don't have much hair left in my donor area and my male pattern baldness is eating the remnants of what i have.
    So what i can do ? Nothing more to what i want,nothing less than what i want. I'll try to achieve what i want and THEN i'll throw in the towel,but until then,i'll focus on other stuff because,hell,hair are important for our self image but i know for a fact that everyone have their own projects,dreams and goals in life.
    We're always too young for this shit when it happens,but i sure don't wanna get old and keep on regretting what i didn't do when i had the chance because of "hairloss". Thats just stupid.

Don't waste your time daydreaming. be strong,**** hairloss.be realistic,**** hairloss.be active and **** hairloss. Be strong,**** hairloss.

this is pretty much the summary of what i did for coping with alopecia related stress
    =) hope it helps!

Awesome post!

Good luck!

thanks bros glad it helps

This post isn't even worth reading. It's just another load of optimistic baloney that encourages us all to shave our heads and be confident. Like we all haven't heard it all before.

Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post
    This post isn't even worth reading. It's just another load of optimistic baloney that encourages us all to shave our heads and be confident. Like we all haven't heard it all before.
    Better be bald and masculine than shoving feminizing drugs into your body, with side effects such as insomnia, wide hips, manboobs and erectile dysfunction.

@HairIsLife if you dont like it and dont find it useful then dont read it....as simple as that.
    maybe if I wrote about how horrible it is to be bald and I had complained more you would have liked more the post .... but the fact is that you didnt even read this to the end. I said to accept things as they are for now and try to be active / realistic....

@baldozer yep,simple as that