+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Will Delivery Of Current Topicals Solve Hairloss?

While this may be a dumb question to many, I keep reading how once a better delivery system for topicals is found hair loss may no longer be an issue. Ive read both the RU, and CB threads just to get an idea of what they are exactly. Does anyone that has done more research than I have been able to do know just how effective each one is in comparison with whats available now with regards to finasteride and minox? Is there a topical that could potentially halt, but also provide enough regrowth for say a Norwood 3 a full head of hair or is that merely wishful thinking at this point? Again I apologize to those that consider this a dumb question, but i'm just curious after reading the delivery threads of the topicals mentioned above what exactly is realistic to expect.

Maintaining is what you can expect in most cases, regrowth however is a different story and you can consider yourself lucky if you regrow much. Catching AGA as soon as possible is the best thing you can do, reviving those damn hair follicles is really hard.

Bingo delivery of current topicals is prevention to stop MPB at best. Its a whole different ball game trying to regrow huge amounts of hair. Maybe that recently discovered immune system stuff can one day lead us down that road, but a full cure might be decades away

I wouldn't expect huge amouts of regrowth with anything. The best to expect realistic is to maintain as others have said.

However, I believe (just my personal opinion) hair loss and hair growth are interconnected. Basically, I believe if you prevent hair loss SO WELL, that basically would mean you have created a good environment for your hair follices to regrow again.

I believe in the recent World Hair event it was discovered that hair follices never really die out. Thus, basically they only minituarize due to unfavorable conditions in the scalp (inflammation due to DHT, etc). So depending on how potent your treatment is to reverse the unfavorable condition, you would eventually get regrowth just because of the improved state of the scalp.

However, the problem is, the problem is the vehicle (again IMO). Because of the vehicle, you get systemic absorption and experience loads of unwanted terrible side effects. Thus, you are severely limited in the potency of your treatment (i.e. you can only take a small dose of Fin EOD to keep your side effects at a bearable level. However, such low dosage only improves your scalp by a small amount. This slows down your hair loss, but it doesn't have enough potency to compelte eliminate the problem and allow for follices to grow again).

CB studies that were applied directly to the scalp through some electric charge delivering equipment not only stopped hair loss but also provided significant regrowth.

Yeah I guess the reason that I asked is it seems like there's all but an expectation for regrowth with many people in here if a successful delivery for the product is found. I heard that CB is currently in stage II of trials, and have also heard that RU was in stage II but hasn't moved forward for a while. It's to bad it seems like anyone over the age of 20 is going to miss out on hair while those younger are going to reap the benefits!

Quote Originally Posted by Slam1523 View Post
    Yeah I guess the reason that I asked is it seems like there's all but an expectation for regrowth with many people in here if a successful delivery for the product is found. I heard that CB is currently in stage II of trials, and have also heard that RU was in stage II but hasn't moved forward for a while. It's to bad it seems like anyone over the age of 20 is going to miss out on hair while those younger are going to reap the benefits!
    Yup. That's the depressing thing. I am 25 years old and we are in the "awkward" stage of hair loss advancement. It's toying with my damn heart because I know in 3-4 years they will have a few drugs available that will nip hair loss right in the bud! By then, none of that will matter. The only thing I will be paying attention to is the full blown cure, which could take another 10-20 years to materialize. If I have been bald for 15 years and I am 40 when the cure comes out, I might not even give a shit by then. For these younger dudes that are 15 that will start to lose their hair in the next decade, they won't have a worry in the world. Lucky them. What pisses me off even more is that they won't even have a ****ing clue how fortunate they are to have been born into a generation where hair loss isn't a thing to worry about anymore. What even sucks more is, there's going to be fewer and fewer baldies in this world. Once hair loss solutions start popping out of the woodwork, men will no longer have the dreadful inevitability of losing their hair. Losing hair will now be an "option." Fast forward 10 years into the next generation and here you have a generation full of baldies competing with the younger guys that have hair, for jobs, women etc. Talk about bullshit right?

Well, I'm 17 and I have less hair than you judging you by the profile picture. I understand what you're saying though. It's all complete bullshit. At least hair loss has helped build my character though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    Well, I'm 17 and I have less hair than you judging you by the profile picture. I understand what you're saying though. It's all complete bullshit. At least hair loss has helped build my character though.
    That was over a year ago. I would pay 5 grand to have that hair back. I use to have sex hair, it was that perfect. Now my shit is miniaturizing like no tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by cichlidfort View Post
    That was over a year ago. I would pay 5 grand to have that hair back. I use to have sex hair, it was that perfect. Now my shit is miniaturizing like no tomorrow.
    Shit! That sucks man, when I looked at the picture I thought "he doesn't have bad hair, what's the problem as long as he can maintain it" but I see where you're coming from, hopefully we can get an in-between product that will help us out. Best of luck man.

Yeah I mean mine has been super slow, and if I knew there'd be a cure to bring back hair when I turned 40 I'd be stoked... I don't think your self consciousness from hair loss ever quite goes away... If they can stop it in a few years and Pilofocus is at least a better solution and somehow finds a way to get any regeneration I think i'll be fine moving forward. That's the problem with things like this is there is no time frame, but you still have to live life to its fullest. It's not my job to tell anyone, and it's tough when you get obsessed with a solution, but you have to find a way to just enjoy life.