+ Reply to Thread

Default Pls help with minoxidil!!!!

Problem with Minoxidil !!!!!!!!
    Hi There, I was using signature minoxidil 5% for two years or so. I had really good results especially on scalp. Then I had decided to go through hair transplant. I had my hair transplant surgery in jan 2014, the doctor prescribed some medicines along with minoxidil. I did so for three months, then within a period of six months after my surgery, I almost gained all my hair. And Then the whole story became tragic at the point where I shaved my head and stop using minoxidil. I had too much dandruff, so I decided to shave my head and was overexcited to see my hair growing back. I discontinue the use of minoxidil as i did'nt want to rely on it for the rest of my life. I stopped using minoxidil in June this year and then when I realised that my transplanted hair were coming back rapidly but my natural hair ( that relied on minoxidil) were stopped growing. I did'nt use minoxidil for almost two months and then I restart using it in august. But now, I am still waiting my natural hair to come as it seems like the growth is almost dead. Feeling really angry for myself as I became overconfident and stopped using the minoxidil. Please can anyone advice me if i can regain my lost hair if I continue using minoxidil in future.i mean I can clearly see the transplanted hair growing very well but one still can see hair shedding on scalp especially when under direct sun light. Pls pls pls any advice would be appreciable.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy sandhu View Post
    Problem with Minoxidil !!!!!!!!
    Hi There, I was using signature minoxidil 5% for two years or so. I had really good results especially on scalp. Then I had decided to go through hair transplant. I had my hair transplant surgery in jan 2014, the doctor prescribed some medicines along with minoxidil. I did so for three months, then within a period of six months after my surgery, I almost gained all my hair. And Then the whole story became tragic at the point where I shaved my head and stop using minoxidil. I had too much dandruff, so I decided to shave my head and was overexcited to see my hair growing back. I discontinue the use of minoxidil as i did'nt want to rely on it for the rest of my life. I stopped using minoxidil in June this year and then when I realised that my transplanted hair were coming back rapidly but my natural hair ( that relied on minoxidil) were stopped growing. I did'nt use minoxidil for almost two months and then I restart using it in august. But now, I am still waiting my natural hair to come as it seems like the growth is almost dead. Feeling really angry for myself as I became overconfident and stopped using the minoxidil. Please can anyone advice me if i can regain my lost hair if I continue using minoxidil in future.i mean I can clearly see the transplanted hair growing very well but one still can see hair shedding on scalp especially when under direct sun light. Pls pls pls any advice would be appreciable.

You never should have stopped it! You may go through some sheds now, my advice get back on it so the hairs will come back. Add a shampoo like regenpure Dr and NT to help boost the follicles.

Yes, minoxidil is for life. Stick with it. I hear that once a day is almost as good as twice a day, so if compliance is an issue, maybe you should stick to once a day 5% for life. That's easy!

I'm dying to know the same thing. Can you share your story please!

Unfortunately the hair transplant is a "fix" to help fill in for your missing hair. You definitely need to continue with minoxidil (or something else) to keep your original hair.

If your hair loss is recent, I would also recommend considering Capillus Laser Cap (or other). There is some thought that the laser works on hair follicles (and cells) similar to the way that laser light treatment has been shown to be helpful in the treatment of acne. The thought is that the hair follicles and cells may be affected by inflammation, which is treated by the laser light.

From LiveStrong.com "Hereditary baldness affects hair follicles, causing them to shrink and become more superficially rooted in the skin, according to MayoClinic.com.As the condition progresses, hair growth becomes finer and weaker. Eventually the follicle closes and dies completely, resulting in complete, permanent baldness.

Laser treatment may help heal hair follicles that have not died.