+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 26,first operation and going for a MOHAWK transplant !

hello everyone!

this is my first time as a guest in this board,althought i used to look at it quite constantly in the last two years for help,seeking relief for excessive stress and trying to get something positive out of my own situation

so here i am - 26year old,norwood 5(it seems) after a FUE hair transplant gone (probably) bad/not as expected.
    i started losing hair at 22,gone in a deep depression for other stuff,resurfaced from it at
    24 and finally decided to do an hair transplant to erase the "scar"(one of the few) that
    depression/****ed up genes were helping spreading around my head

i did a FUE hair transplant. 2800 units out of the 3000 i've asked for were planted,in threedays,in Pakistan,through some of the most well know doctors of that area specialized in that technique.I still have my doubts on most of the things happened during the transplant,but thats another issue

Even if in the first 6/7 months i regained quite the density i was hoping for,i started losing them right after - and i was doing the classic regimen minoxidil & propecia. I kept it up for two years straight and i pretty much regressed from a norwood 2 (minus the bald spot in the vertex area) to a norwood 4/5ish WITH those two drugs. Pretty much i reverted back to my starting situation + scarring in both the donor and filled areas,with hair "isles" and pink dots where i have no hair at all.
    And i might add that i started taking propecia RIGHT AFTER the transplant,and all my native hair has died out ever since

Still,it's way better than having a bald head looking like 60's something in a body of 25!
    i leave you imagine all the classic topics like going out with a hat,being unable to leave
    your hair buzzed because if you leave them grow you got the top side ****ed,and you bic em in two days you pretty much see all the scars.It didn't bothered my confidence though,since i'm a pretty misanthropic person so what the others think is not my problem,but myself image well..... i simply dont like it

yep,i did two years trying to fix this shit,screwing my hormones up(i quit propecia and keptminox due to bad sides - ball aches,little or no sperm,man tits in their early stage of development,body pressure dropping and rising like i had a fever,and almost costant headache - prettymuch the SAME sides i had when i was taking antidepressivants + erectile disfunction) and giving back NOTHING or few & weak as **** hair.

And guess what? i dont give a shit.
    See,in some ways i was expecting this to happen,so i came to the conclusion that my donor area
    is not good as it should be and if baldness is ruining me....well,**** it,i'm gonna go for thethroat of the problem and do a mohawk transplant.

Yep,a mohawk transplant.

Why waste all my remaining hair for somthing that will look like a toupee on the top and a minefiled on the sides when you can concentrate all the remaining shit in the middle and make a tattoo on the donor areas? Why looking old at 26 when you'll look awesomely (weird,i get it) young and scummy with a grey mohawk at 60? Why the **** we are still in 2014 and NO ONE ever bothered to resolve this RIDICULOUS sickness? Who gives a shit anyway? And if i dont menage to get what i whant well,i'll bic it like always,at least i tried!

So what you bros think about it?
    did you have some good advice and some good/cheap Turkish docs to suggest for the next operation?

Well you have some balls, I'll give you that. If you think you can rock the 'hawk for the rest of your life then go for it. I would bear in mind possible occupations that might not like the hairstyle though, but it's your life and your choice. Wish you the best man.

thanks for the reply man.
    i pretty much made a list of jobs i can apply for without problem already - i'm heavy tattooned as well,so when i shave my head i have to cover all with a long shirt. i look like a freak bald,anyway...
    since im young enough to do it who cares! balls or not, i am 100% confident my baldness cannot be repaired with a quick fix (i have black and thin hair,btw).....
    maybe i should post my pics as well? any idea where to find a good affordable doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex88 View Post
    Why the **** we are still in 2014 and NO ONE ever bothered to resolve this RIDICULOUS sickness? Who gives a shit anyway?
    Because it's a men's health issue and our health is not a priority. If this we're a woman's problem, we'd have had the cured decades ago. Also, sexism is only tolerated when it favors women.

So basically, it's a social problem.

Exactly, and that's something I will never understand - why androgenetic alopecia is not to be considered a socially debilitating disease? I want to say .... NO ONE likes to be bald, including on the internet bullies who continue to write on these boards screaming "shave yourself, grow some balls!"
    Alopecia is socially debilitating - at least as being too fat, or belonging to some minority - is a disability, forcing you to take medication ambiguous, review the ways and if you socialize, spend too much money for something that should of course be there. You're right again - but that the welfare society did not exist was known for some time and I must, however, deal with it like everyone else.

Love the idea Alex! Hair on top without the sides looks much better than the other way around!

Yesterday I was considering the Hulk Hogan look. Need the 'stache to go with it though.

yep man totally better than being constantly pissed off because you look like my avatar at 26...

on the other hand...the hulk hogan look ! thats hard ! and i was considering to be like Mr.T,****, nothing is harder than the hulk !
    some comparisons are those who do reconsider the life of a man (ahhah)
    but seriously
    if you think it goes well for you, do it - personally I do not see what the problem is aside the stache and the muscles

guys i was thinking - since a problem is never recognized until it got the proper number to be considered so - what about a petition online to recognize baldness as a social problem? sounds stupid but **** it,how many desperate bald headed bros around the world would subscribe to it?

and back to my idea...any good advice?

yep man totally better than being constantly pissed off because you look like my avatar at 26...

on the other hand...the hulk hogan look ! thats hard ! and i was considering to be like Mr.T,****, nothing is harder than the hulk !
    some comparisons are those who do reconsider the life of a man (ahhah)
    but seriously
    if you think it goes well for you, do it - personally I do not see what the problem is aside the stache and the muscles

guys i was thinking - since a problem is never recognized until it got the proper number to be considered so - what about a petition online to recognize baldness as a social problem? sounds stupid but **** it,how many desperate bald headed bros around the world would subscribe to it?

and back to my idea...any good advice?
    Scarring is going to be an issue with the FUE. I've had both FUE & SMP [Went down the shaved head route]. The ink bleeds a little into the scars.

I was waiting around to see what happens with Dr. Wesleys scarless FUE. The look above I think is achievable even with a norwood 6. You could probably square off the hairline as well.

The problem is that it would cost a fortune. I've thought about this a lot as well. Unfortunately I've got a strip scar which is still visible with SMP & likely visible with FUE into the scar as well.

i had FUE and my scarring is well.... ****ed up. I dunno what happened but most of the hair in the right temple died out faster than usual an never returned dense to the 6 month growth phase and i have scarring in the donor area as well as the recipient area. I asked my doctor and he said "this is normal"... and NO it's not. You're supposed to keep them,if they die out fast means you didn't use those that were in the safer areas OR you didn't placed them right i guess.

Anyway i was thinking to both the hair transplant & SMP
    but hey,i'm heavily tattooed (forearms,chest,beer belly shoulders and my back as well) so i guess i'll be no problem to tattoo my head sides with another design if i menage to do what i want. Maybe you should try to tattoo your head with something rather unusual but it could be a problem at work :/

for what i can see the pic is impressive. How much would it cost?

i had FUE and my scarring is well.... ****ed up. I dunno what happened but most of the hair in the right temple died out faster than usual an never returned dense to the 6 month growth phase and i have scarring in the donor area as well as the recipient area. I asked my doctor and he said "this is normal"... and NO it's not. You're supposed to keep them,if they die out fast means you didn't use those that were in the safer areas OR you didn't placed them right i guess.

Anyway i was thinking to both the hair transplant & SMP
    but hey,i'm heavily tattooed (forearms,chest,beer belly shoulders and my back as well) so i guess i'll be no problem to tattoo my head sides with another design if i menage to do what i want. Maybe you should try to tattoo your head with something rather unusual but it could be a problem at work :/

for what i can see the pic is impressive. How much would it cost?
    I think the same situation occurred with my FUE. The density that I had 10 days post procedure [Prior to shedding] never returned. I imagine a significant portion of my grafts didn't take.

Knowing that I had visible scarring on roughly 2000 grafts, I could imagine that removing 10k or so to fill up the top would leave a lot of scarring.

This is why Doctor Wesley's 'Scarless' FUE was interesting to me. Unfortunately I imagine it would be around $5 per graft at the lowest i.e $50,000 to get that military shaved back and sides look.

The SMP is really cheap, so that wouldn't factor in the price. For this to be a reality I think the FUE needs to be cheaper, some sort of treatment to eliminate scars needs to exist & then theoretically it would be possible to create the undetected look.