+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair transplants: A permanent solution to an impermanent problem.--Advice I got today

I was reading a blog, and the author said that hair transplants are a permanent solution to an impermanent problem(hair loss).

He means it an impermanent problem, because by 40, most men care less about hair.

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    I was reading a blog, and the author said that hair transplants are a permanent solution to an impermanent problem(hair loss).

He means it an impermanent problem, because by 40, most men care less about hair.
    I will be 40 in a couple of years and I do care less about hair loss every day. It still sucks balls though. You are what, late 20's early 30's? Do you really want to waste another decade of your life because hair loss probably wont suck that bad in 10 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I will be 40 in a couple of years and I do care less about hair loss every day. It still sucks balls though. You are what, late 20's early 30's? Do you really want to waste another decade of your life because hair loss probably wont suck that bad in 10 years?
    Great point...Late 20s....I struggle with this daily....Not a day goes by where I don't consider getting a transplant to frame the face....

I'm at the end of my twenties and have been trying all sorts of treatments over the past decade. It's been tearing on me so bad, constantly feeling older than everyone else in the room. I'm booked for a procedure in a couple of months to reconstruct the front. Not so much from hairloss itself, but from waking up in the morning and having to look at my face getting bigger and bigger. Framing the face is what it's about, for me at least. And if the loss gets too bad in the future, I'll shave it with my face still framed. FUE is great that way! I hold no illusions that hairloss will be that much easier in my thirties...

Quote Originally Posted by Rodfarva View Post
    I'm at the end of my twenties and have been trying all sorts of treatments over the past decade. It's been tearing on me so bad, constantly feeling older than everyone else in the room. I'm booked for a procedure in a couple of months to reconstruct the front. Not so much from hairloss itself, but from waking up in the morning and having to look at my face getting bigger and bigger. Framing the face is what it's about, for me at least. And if the loss gets too bad in the future, I'll shave it with my face still framed. FUE is great that way! I hold no illusions that hairloss will be that much easier in my thirties...
    Framing the face is what I want too. Just dont know if I can get that as a Norwood 7

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    Framing the face is what I want too. Just dont know if I can get that as a Norwood 7
    You could get some improvement but in the case of a Norwood 7 artistic skill is critical. Mistakes like bad hairline design, hair that is too coarse or multiple hair grafts will really stand out and you will be worse off than if you had done nothing. I think you should try finasteride. You never know until you try.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    You could get some improvement but in the case of a Norwood 7 artistic skill is critical. Mistakes like bad hairline design, hair that is too coarse or multiple hair grafts will really stand out and you will be worse off than if you had done nothing. I think you should try finasteride. You never know until you try.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
    If someone is OK with short hair, can't we just take body hair, like chest hair, and some beard hair along with scalp hair to give a full coverage?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    If someone is OK with short hair, can't we just take body hair, like chest hair, and some beard hair along with scalp hair to give a full coverage?
    If I could do it over that's what I would do. I like short hair. Unfortunately, my donor is scarred. Norwood 7 is tough. Even a little bit of natural appearing hair is better than none IMO.

Chuck