Hair transplants: A permanent solution to an impermanent problem.--Advice I got today

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlightTL
    • Jun 2011

Hair transplants: A permanent solution to an impermanent problem.--Advice I got today

I was reading a blog, and the author said that hair transplants are a permanent solution to an impermanent problem(hair loss).

He means it an impermanent problem, because by 40, most men care less about hair.
  • Notcoolanymore
    • Jun 2013

Originally posted by FlightTL
    I was reading a blog, and the author said that hair transplants are a permanent solution to an impermanent problem(hair loss).

He means it an impermanent problem, because by 40, most men care less about hair.
    I will be 40 in a couple of years and I do care less about hair loss every day. It still sucks balls though. You are what, late 20's early 30's? Do you really want to waste another decade of your life because hair loss probably wont suck that bad in 10 years?

Comment

• FlightTL
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
      I will be 40 in a couple of years and I do care less about hair loss every day. It still sucks balls though. You are what, late 20's early 30's? Do you really want to waste another decade of your life because hair loss probably wont suck that bad in 10 years?
      Great point...Late 20s....I struggle with this daily....Not a day goes by where I don't consider getting a transplant to frame the face....

Comment

• Rodfarva
        • May 2014

I'm at the end of my twenties and have been trying all sorts of treatments over the past decade. It's been tearing on me so bad, constantly feeling older than everyone else in the room. I'm booked for a procedure in a couple of months to reconstruct the front. Not so much from hairloss itself, but from waking up in the morning and having to look at my face getting bigger and bigger. Framing the face is what it's about, for me at least. And if the loss gets too bad in the future, I'll shave it with my face still framed. FUE is great that way! I hold no illusions that hairloss will be that much easier in my thirties...

Comment

• FlightTL
          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Rodfarva
          I'm at the end of my twenties and have been trying all sorts of treatments over the past decade. It's been tearing on me so bad, constantly feeling older than everyone else in the room. I'm booked for a procedure in a couple of months to reconstruct the front. Not so much from hairloss itself, but from waking up in the morning and having to look at my face getting bigger and bigger. Framing the face is what it's about, for me at least. And if the loss gets too bad in the future, I'll shave it with my face still framed. FUE is great that way! I hold no illusions that hairloss will be that much easier in my thirties...
          Framing the face is what I want too. Just dont know if I can get that as a Norwood 7

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
            Doctor Representative
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by FlightTL
            Framing the face is what I want too. Just dont know if I can get that as a Norwood 7
            You could get some improvement but in the case of a Norwood 7 artistic skill is critical. Mistakes like bad hairline design, hair that is too coarse or multiple hair grafts will really stand out and you will be worse off than if you had done nothing. I think you should try finasteride. You never know until you try.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
            The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
            Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

• baldozer
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by 35YrsAfter
              You could get some improvement but in the case of a Norwood 7 artistic skill is critical. Mistakes like bad hairline design, hair that is too coarse or multiple hair grafts will really stand out and you will be worse off than if you had done nothing. I think you should try finasteride. You never know until you try.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
              The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
              Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
              If someone is OK with short hair, can't we just take body hair, like chest hair, and some beard hair along with scalp hair to give a full coverage?

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                Doctor Representative
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by baldozer
                If someone is OK with short hair, can't we just take body hair, like chest hair, and some beard hair along with scalp hair to give a full coverage?
                If I could do it over that's what I would do. I like short hair. Unfortunately, my donor is scarred. Norwood 7 is tough. Even a little bit of natural appearing hair is better than none IMO.

Chuck

Comment

Working...