+ Reply to Thread

Arrow Help me choose my first 'Regime'

Hi all,

I'm turning 19 soon and despite what others have said, I'm confident that I have MPB. My original thread with pictures can be found here. Basically, my hairline is receding and it's been receding for a few years now. Unfortunately, my right side is more receded and is more thin. I know I have it because my brother who is 21 had the same receding hairline as me- his right side receded more than his left; in fact, it's almost as if his left side stopped receding and now the right side is receding by itself. I just recently noticed that he is now definitely experiencing diffuse thinning all across the top of his head.

I haven't yet noticed any thinning, but I'm shedding about 50 hairs a day and my scalp is kinda itchy. I'm making this thread to ask for an input on what regime I should get on. Obviously I need something effective against fighting a receding hairline, but I also want to protect the rest of my head from thinning, because I know it's going to start happening soon since I'm following my older brother's pattern.

Now, money is not a concern for me at all, so I'm willing to try anything. I've started using Nizoral every three days or so, and I set up an appointment with a DERM to get on Propecia. I'm going to buy liquid rogaine, even though it's not as effective on the hairline, it's better than nothing right?

So I'm definitely getting on the big three, I figured I'll get Saw Palmetto just for the hell of it. Now these are some questions I have:

1. Should I consider any 'experimental' treatments such as RU or CB? Again, money is not a concern
    2. What other kinds of shampoos should I use, if any? Something else with Keto or Keto cream? Maybe some hair thickening shampoo from dove?
    3. Would Spiro be a good thing to add? if so what percent, 2% or 5%? Is it better orally or topically?
    4. What kind of vitamins/supplements/diet could I perhaps attain to help strengthen my regime?
    5. I'm considering adding Eucapil to my regime. It isn't available in the US, so i'll have to find it anywhere. Is it worth it/ where can i find it?
    6. Any tips/tricks on when and how to apply any of the aforementioned 'treatments'?
    7. Are there any concerns I should have about starting certain treatments before hair loss occurs? Like, does any of this stuff lose effectiveness over time? As it would be dumb to start using this stuff before my loss gets bad, because if it gets bad and the treatments aren't effective anymore then I'm screwed.
    8. Should I apply rogaine to areas I'm not really sure have started thinning yet? I mean, I know the top of my head will start thinning soon like my bro's, so should i apply now or should i wait until I see it thinning?
    9. Lastly, anything else you would add or any other advice?

I really appreciate your time in reading this and answering my questions!!!

*bump* anyone?

I can't beleive no one is willing to help you on such a big forum! Here's my email jass897@hotmail.com, il give you my number to give you advice .

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    I can't beleive no one is willing to help you on such a big forum! Here's my email jass897@hotmail.com, il give you my number to give you advice .
    I emailed you!