Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thunder look forward to see you post your result with big, clear, close up pictures.

Too many postings in the hair loss forum world are like "starter dough" that's the $1.00 or $5.00 bill a bartender throws into the tip jar at the start of their shift. It creates social proof and others follow. Not saying that this is what you are doing but I see it often enough on the forums to point it out.

True topcat...but ive seen close ups as well. This is from the sam Headstrong NY website :

that shows a good amount of detail during a session. Like i said i dont have a scar, so i dont know what thats like, but i have had a friend have FUT and FUE grafts and he is miserable right now. so alternative solutions have to be at least investigated.

_sal

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    Thunder look forward to see you post your result with big, clear, close up pictures.

Too many postings in the hair loss forum world are like "starter dough" that's the $1.00 or $5.00 bill a bartender throws into the tip jar at the start of their shift. It creates social proof and others follow. Not saying that this is what you are doing but I see it often enough on the forums to point it out.
    Hey topcat,
    I have been snapping pictures with my camera phone, unfortunately I live alone so I do not have someone to take them for me. I concur about the postings in forum world, I scoured them on many websites for about a year before going through with my SMP procedure. Some were blatant competition from other companies, and some were people like me that want to journal and document their story. I can understand why people can be reluctant to SMP, I was a cynic too, by nature. I did post some pictures in another thread if you want to take a look, I know they are not the best quality but I am a work in progress.

Here are a few pics in some different lighting topcat, sorry for the poor quality even though the camera on the Galaxy S5 is a great picture taker, and these were taken today, the 3rd day after my first session at HeadstrongNY.
    Attached Images

Thunder it is not my goal or really part of my nature to make anyone feel bad. I don't have much compassion for bullies and those that take advantage of others I will admit to hence many of my postings on the forums. But making a patient feel bad would especially strike a nerve close to my heart.

I could never have this procedure done to my head nor would I recommend it. If you are happy then God bless you. I don't think young guys need to risk the mental anguish that could result from having this procedure.

These are my honest feelings, nothing to gain or lose just something for others to think about. Thank you for taking the time to post your pictures.

tb29

It would really help to see a clear up close picture. The picture itself is a red flag. Reason being is that anyone can take a great photo if they really put in just a modest amount of effort ,so one would need to ask why was so little effort put forth if the result was so spectacular. You will see some clinics do this regularly. When patients themselves can actually take better pictures then some clinics it's telling you something.

OT topic............one clinic even claimed there were resizing issues with a particular forum. Once again a red flag as it tells me they are not willing to put in the effort. If they do not put in the effort for something as simple as a picture what else becomes too much effort for them.

In my opinion one does need to be very critical and almost shoot first and ask questions later as it keeps the self safe which is paramount.

I think in this situation almost anything is an improvement, with that I would agree. But long term I think the patient will be worse off and that’s the problem. Just like an ill advised hair transplant. The patient might be riding high for a few years only to reach an even bigger low somewhere down the line. So an approach that helps to avoid that would be the better option in my opinion. Laser those scars and move some hair around using fue…………..scalp or beard body.

Even without the use of beard hair I think someone skilled with a small hand punch could move hairs around and even it all out but of course work on the scar tissue first making it as flat as possible and color of skin if necessary.

It takes a lot longer……………maybe years if doing small sessions………………….but do it right in my opinion and stop digging more holes.
    Topcat, while I totally respect your opinion, being a Norwood 6/7 I am no stranger to trying to remedy hair loss. I have went for consultations in NYC, NJ for FUE and Strip and to be honest, I was not impressed. The amount of scarring and the donor hair that I had was not worth the money, a lot of men and some women who choose SMP is from failed hair transplants, SMP is not for everyone, but I will tell you this in regards to picture taking because as I stated before I am a cynic. A lot of clients do not want their pictures taken, for the sake of anonymity. One of the people I met in person prior to making a decision to have this procedure had a "zipper head scar" on the back of his head, he had SMP two years prior to me meeting him and the scar looked great, in person. I stress in person because pictures don't always tell the whole story, especially when it comes to shading, pigments, etc. Unless you are a trained photographer, the lighting plays a huge role on what you see as opposed to what the naked eye sees, at least that has been my experience. And I have seen in person, many FUE and Strip procedures, and SMP procedures. I cannot comment on scars because I don't have one, but I have seen in person what a properly done SMP treatment can do to camouflage the scar.

Just to be clear I would not advise you to have a hair transplant either..........too much hair loss and not a enough donor except for such a minimal amount of hair which probably would not have made much of a difference.

I would have just kept shaving my head.................but I understand that you like it and as long as you are happy I can respect your opinion.

Thunder it is not my goal or really part of my nature to make anyone feel bad. I don't have much compassion for bullies and those that take advantage of others I will admit to hence many of my postings on the forums. But making a patient feel bad would especially strike a nerve close to my heart.

I could never have this procedure done to my head nor would I recommend it. If you are happy then God bless you. I don't think young guys need to risk the mental anguish that could result from having this procedure.

These are my honest feelings, nothing to gain or lose just something for others to think about. Thank you for taking the time to post your pictures.
    Hey TopCat, I just saw this now. no worries. I got called out on another thread on another forum for being an employee for the company that I had my procedure, which I think is ridiculous. Everyone who frequents these forums does so for one reason, we are bald and or balding, want to find a solution or a remedy, or have done so and want to share their experiences with people, I myself express myself better through typing, as this for me is a journey.

As far as SMP goes, I think with my hair loss and what I was looking for, SMP suited me well. I knew that no hair transplant was going to restore me to my 17 year old hairline and full of hair. I like the shaved head look. I had consultations with Dr. Bernstein in New Jersey when FUE was just becoming popular, and I opted not for strip surgeries, I also had consultations with a few hair loss Doctor's in New York, as well as one with Hasson and Wong. Being a Norwood 6/7 at a relatively young age, I felt that having a hair loss transplant or procedure was not for me, as I have seen results of some people that I didn't want to look like.

You have ever right to be anti-SMP, and you are a gentleman and I respect that. I myself was a cynic until I researched it, as well as other options, well other options excepted getting a hair piece, that is something I am very against. We all have our opinions as to what fits and works, and very much respect your opinion. Having something done that makes me happy is a huge confidence booster. I went out without a hat on today, to a bar in a restaurant where the bartender (female) has never seen me without a hat. In my mind, the stress of not wearing that hat was akin to walking into the mall without pants on, but I did it, because even though I had SMP, I am only three days out from my first session, and I wanted to see if it was detectable. Turns out, after me quietly telling her what I did, her jaw dropped. I just hope that my second session yields even better results in my mind.

Either way, I appreciate your candor. Here are some more pics that I took earlier today. Just in case anyone gets the crazy idea that I am not a client lol.
    Attached Images

Default Topcat

I assume this is your nom de guerre in another hair loss forum http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/v...07&forum_id=52

* A 29 year hair transplant veteran huh ?
    * You need to educate yourself on the facts of Microscalp Pigmentation
    * You market to hard for Hair Transplants, which by fact, is more invasive, and has a higher failure rate.
    * You bring up women, social situations, etc. as a deterrent to provide false information about SMP.
    * I don't mean to hurt your feelings, however you need to be educated.
    * A good majority of SMP patients have their hair transplant scars covered, you know the unsightly zipper and smiley face and FUE white large dots, if I were a girl, I wouldn't want to date a man with a zipper on the back of his head.
    * Why pay close to $20,000-$40,000 only to end up with a diffuse thinning headline because your body and system didn't accept the donor grafts, and shed them ?
    * What is the alternative a hair piece ? The women love it. Said no one ever.
    * Last fact, SMP has been around for 12 years, not the short amount of time you stated.
    * If you want to talk factual information, then let's talk facts, not your personal bias based upon your intimidation of cosmetic procedure that yields better results for most patients suffering Alopecia-Ariata then a hair transplant.
    * Like it or not, SMP is a cosmetic alternative that yields results, and makes men and women happy, I cannot say the same for hair transplants.
    * What yields more mental anguish, having a failed hair transplant procedure w/an unsightly scar or having a shaved head look done by a cosmetic procedure using pigmentation and artistry, and SMP recipients are clients, not patients, as it is not an invasive surgery such as strip "surgery" or "fue".

Thunder you seem to be posting on every forum out there yet you also seem to be relatively new to the hairloss forums....................so of course they would raise yet another red flag in my mind.

I have been posting to the forums for quite a long time in fact for about 10 years before I even started my repair. The fact is if I didn't spend all that time I would have easily made yet another mistake believing what I was reading.

When I write I am a 29 year veteran of this industry it means something in fact it means a great deal as I am not only a patient but an observer I what I see. I have collected volumes of information over all this time and making better decisions is about having information.

A young guy would be infinitely better off shaving his head as opposed to having ink dots on it. Ink dots generate a lot of cash with very low overhead. In fact I could set up shop here in Chicago in a heartbeat but that kind of money I'm not interested in making. Causing harm to young guys out of the love for money is very bad karma and eventually what goes around comes around in my opinion.

I post in three forums. A red flag in your mind ? I am glad you have been on these forum for ten years plus, encouraging young men to go under the knife only to receive huge dents in their pockets and less then stellar results, you know that really takes a toll on ones self esteem, I would take tiny replicated follicles over having my chest or nipple hair implanted in my scalp which would probably fall out, or better yet, be butchered and left with a grotesque scar that fraxil and SMP would ultimately would have to cover up.

Hair transplant scams create tremendous cash with little results, it is sad that these medical professionals who took a Hippocratic oath are making promises they cannot keep. SMP has been around longer then you have been on this forum, this is a fact. And yes I do post on different forums, to educate people, not spread mistruths and half ass conjecture. The fact of the matter is when it comes to ones self esteem, I think most women would love a close cropped shaved head look (done properly) then a sparse sprouts of FUE hair and a crown the size of Texas.

We can agree to disagree, but you are so very wrong about what you preach. I believe Damien from HIS actually schooled you in a thread. I would think surgical invasiveness is much more harmful then a cosmetic procedure such as SMP. The karma notation should go to Hair Transplant Doctor's as well. It is a two way street my friend.