+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by hgs1989 View Post
    I understand that but I still think that if she is seeking a commercial product regarding JAK inhibition it would be via oral , topical or injections. maybe she is working on reprogramming DP cells (since she is also involved in culturing DP cells in spheroids) but this is very far from a commercial product and she put here just to cover a potential method and protect her rights to the invention. I could e wrong anyway and that this is her main interest, but I doubt it. this stuff is very complicated and she has already conducted trials on humans. the trials if I am not mistaken were based on oral administration.
    yeah agreed, but I'm not sure the reprogramming of DP cells is as far off as you think it is. Theres a link between the way these JAK inhibitors are working and the way that balding vs non balding DP cells act. I don't totally understand it yet, but I hope the researchers do.

I have to ask that you'll all excuse my ignorance as by my own admission I can't say I've the first clue of the science behind hair loss, but is it not worth attempting to produce a homemade topical using a JAK inhibitor?

I've seen numerous community experiments before but am guessing that, in this case, it wouldn't be quite so simple otherwise someone would have suggested it already...

KJ.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ1982 View Post
    I have to ask that you'll all excuse my ignorance as by my own admission I can't say I've the first clue of the science behind hair loss, but is it not worth attempting to produce a homemade topical using a JAK inhibitor?

I've seen numerous community experiments before but am guessing that, in this case, it wouldn't be quite so simple otherwise someone would have suggested it already...

KJ.
    Don't attempt to try it. the stuff has serious side effects orally.

Quote Originally Posted by hgs1989 View Post
    Don't attempt to try it. the stuff has serious side effects orally.
    We will have topical JAK inhibitors marketed for psoriasis very soon: http://www.actasdermo.org/en/tofacit...6/?pubmed=true

The most exciting is that a Low Systemic Exposure technology has been already developed to minimise the systemic effects of kinase inhibitors: http://www.creabilis-sa.com/ct-327/