+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Why are men so obsessed over baldness is the same as asking why do men or women care so much what they look like or why do people care what clothes they wear? I mean if you think about it you will arrive at the answer. People generally do care what they look like and having different hair styles for different looks is pretty cool. I have heard lots of girls talk about baldness or compliment guys on having nice hair. It may not serve much functional purpose so guys say who really cares? But girls do care most of the time although you can stick your head in the sand and pretend it doesnt.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    It may not serve much functional purpose so guys say who really cares? But girls do care most of the time although you can stick your head in the sand and pretend it doesnt.
    1. It does serve MUCH functional purpose. You think hair is just aesthetic characteristic? No. Hair prevents the scalp from seeing the harsh sunlight that causes sunspots on the scalp. Hair also keeps the scalp warm when it's cool out.

2. Girls care. Women don't. I don't know how old you are but if you're past 25 and you're bald with a nice tan and a chiseled body, most women won't care. In fact, you'll look like a badass if you can grow out a beard. Girls that are immature with a stick up their ass probably will care but the **** wants to date females at that age anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by cichlidfort View Post
    1. It does serve MUCH functional purpose. You think hair is just aesthetic characteristic? No. Hair prevents the scalp from seeing the harsh sunlight that causes sunspots on the scalp. Hair also keeps the scalp warm when it's cool out.

2. Girls care. Women don't. I don't know how old you are but if you're past 25 and you're bald with a nice tan and a chiseled body, most women won't care. In fact, you'll look like a badass if you can grow out a beard. Girls that are immature with a stick up their ass probably will care but the **** wants to date females at that age anyways?
    Agree with both 1 & 2.

I wouldnt say I am obsessed but the reason I am uncomfortable with my baldness is that it is affecting my life quality. There are some people who jokes about my baldness. Although they dont mean bad, it still disturbs me. And to be honest, girls that I know of do not usually prefer bald guys. Considering I am not tall either, it is a problem to be fixed for me.

Yeah opinions will always vary but girls I meet do care about hair. It of course varies by the person like anything else, but I mean would you date a girl with horrible acne? Being bald is kind of like that I mean some people will still go out with you and respect you just like anything else but not everyone. Being bald isnt helping your first impressions and I have heard guys I know get bald comments from random people and its never in a good context. You want to think appearance dont matter or over compensate with muscles or whatever go for it. I want my hair

Quote Originally Posted by cichlidfort View Post
    Just LOL @ this. You think once women turn 25 they just magically stop caring about how men look ? Not to mention, I could see how you could be so optimistic considering how you're taller than 90% of the population, what about the average height guys ? Girls/women aren't immature or vain for wanting a good looking boyfriend. It's human nature to want good looking things, everything from our food to our pets to our cars to our houses, we strive to have the best looking things, human or not. The value of hair actually goes up as you age, that's why guys like George Clooney and Brad Pitt are STILL deemed as some of the best looking guys, because of their youthful looks. A 50 year old man with a full mop of hair has more social value than his bald counterpart, even at the age when it's acceptable to be balding.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Yeah opinions will always vary but girls I meet do care about hair. It of course varies by the person like anything else, but I mean would you date a girl with horrible acne? Being bald is kind of like that I mean some people will still go out with you and respect you just like anything else but not everyone. Being bald isnt helping your first impressions and I have heard guys I know get bald comments from random people and its never in a good context. You want to think appearance dont matter or over compensate with muscles or whatever go for it. I want my hair
    Being bald and having bad acne are two different things. Comparing apples to oranges. Everyone wants their hair but the reality of it is if you are bald or have terrible thin, receded hair, the best way to make up for what is lost is improve other aesthetics on your body such as a tan (everyone looks better with a tan) and a more defined, muscular body (every guy is better off with a good muscular body). Balding isn't the end of the world. I would much rather be bald than blind or deaf. What about people with a bad lazy eye? I would take going bald. And people are going to make comments all the time. Let it go. Usually the people that do make comments have self-esteem issues. And for the girls that do care, they can go to hell! Because when you do find a girl that doesn't care it'll be all the better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post
    Just LOL @ this. You think once women turn 25 they just magically stop caring about how men look ? Not to mention, I could see how you could be so optimistic considering how you're taller than 90% of the population, what about the average height guys ? Girls/women aren't immature or vain for wanting a good looking boyfriend. It's human nature to want good looking things, everything from our food to our pets to our cars to our houses, we strive to have the best looking things, human or not. The value of hair actually goes up as you age, that's why guys like George Clooney and Brad Pitt are STILL deemed as some of the best looking guys, because of their youthful looks. A 50 year old man with a full mop of hair has more social value than his bald counterpart, even at the age when it's acceptable to be balding.
    I'm actually taller than 99.999% of the world . And don't take I said SO literal. I said 25 because that's kind of like a mid-way point for girls and women. You're right, some females might always have a preference for hair but what my point is (one that you obviously missed) as girls age, they start to care less. Of course a 19 year old girl will give a shit about dating a bald guy. But guess what? Most 19 year old guys aren't bald. However, add ten years on to that girl and a lot of 29 year old men have begun losing their hair. I'm not going to get into statistics about age and balding men but the rule of thumb is, the older females are, the less they give a shit.

And I disagree completely about the value of hair goes up..yeah sure there are some men that keep their hair as they get older. Congratulations to them. But that doesn't mean they have more social value. Are you ****ing serious? Social value is determined by how they CONTRIBUTE to society, how they help their community, their family, their economic role, their morale and beliefs etc. not because they have a mop for a head. You gotta be ****ing kidding dude. And if you truly believe that, then you're no better than the low life's that make comments toward bald people aka superficial scum bags.

Ps- George and Brad have good looking faces. It's not the hair my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post
    I bet, more women would want to have sex with the bald Dwayne Johnson or Vin Diesel than either Brad Pitt or George Clooney. If you don't believe me, just check out which of them has more facebook likes.

These arguments about opinions are kind of silly. What difference does it make which celebrity gets more girls? I want my hair whether its george clooney or vin diesel I could care less about them. I dont think there is a difference between any cosmetic issue whether its MPB, acne, or whatever else. They are all just cosmetic problems if of course you think it is one. Some people might say bad acne is fun and they enjoy having it. I dont think its the majority of people but some truly might not care.
    Im in a hair loss forum because I want my hair the other crap like telling me I should over compensate through other things doesnt help me with my hair so its truly pointless. I could do any number of things, but I am here for hair not life advice