+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Drug combination accelerates healing, "regrows follicles" in surgical excision wounds

GREAT find!

Looks like it's time to look into these drugs and see how they may translate into human use.

this again points into the direction of wounding with additional growth factors and drugs.
    but then, Cots still has nothing to show from his wounding magic.

we need to find some researchers who are willing to try the FGF9 stuff during wounding. we could be so close to a cure but we are still 10 years away.

Interesting that the article mentions that the combo uses "two drugs already approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration"...

Actually, the approach seems different and similar to the one used when testing biomaterials. The wound is large (5mm), as opposed to micro-wounding, and while I have been unable to find the peer reviewed paper, John Hopkin's press release says that they removed both "skin and tissue", meaning that it is likely a full thickness excision.

Trials are going to be needed (see here for a precedent involving one of these drugs: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...sts-claim.html) but the elements are known, which means less time than new technologies. It's a matter of it working or not.

John Hopkins does appear to have another project involving complete skin regeneration active (with the help of external investors) but they have been keeping the latest results under wraps.

I've heard of multiple cases of people regrowing from AA (not AGA) by slicing a small wound using a razor blade and rubbing garlic in the wound. I have diffuse shedding and I've used garlic 2-3 times inconsistently with microneedling, but not with a bigger cut as you guys mention that might come with a razor. (No visible benefit from my attempts).

Quote Originally Posted by inbrugge View Post
    I've heard of multiple cases of people regrowing from AA (not AGA) by slicing a small wound using a razor blade and rubbing garlic in the wound. I have diffuse shedding and I've used garlic 2-3 times inconsistently with microneedling, but not with a bigger cut as you guys mention that might come with a razor. (No visible benefit from my attempts).
    Follica's method specifically states the presence of a scab and peeling it off is necessary for follicle neogenesis... though this is done with at least FGF-9.

We always overestimate the change that will occur in the next two years and underestimate the change that will occur in the next ten. Don't let yourself be lulled into inaction." - Bill Gates

I don't know about using it alongside scaring, but this is not something new. You can read posts from 2003 about people using tacrolimus and other drugs, apparently Dr. Lee tried a lotion with no results

I have a feeling scalp hair is on a totally different level really though, which makes it 100x as difficult because it behaves totally different. Still nice though, on this note a paper was just released a week ago with EGF application in a laceration wound which induced hair growth around the wound too.

Unwanted hair growth induced by topical epidermal growth factor during wound healing: true or myth? http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...12354/abstract
    Article first published online: 22 AUG 2014