Finasteride for hair loss around ears and at the nape of the neck.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThinningHairFML
    • Aug 2014

Anyone else have anything to say about my hair?

Back of my head a couple days ago. I was told by a few people that "You don't lose hair back there with male pattern baldness. Don't worry about it." ... excuse me? Why not worry about it?

I haven't seen a dermatologist for awhile, but I plan on seeing one whenever I get my next hair cut, which will probably be in a week or two. I'm nervous as hell because classes start in two weeks and I'll look like a moron with a butchered haircut when I go to class due to the hair I've lost.

I have a few pictures from August when my hair was shorter so I can compare and see how much worse it's gotten... then I'll probably head back in to a dermatologist and show them side-by-side pictures or something. My hair doesn't look so bad at the length it's at now, beside the fact I'm way too old to be sporting a Beatles-esque haircut (others would call it '09 Bieber cut), and that the back near my neck looks brutal.

Comment

• cichlidfort
      • Jan 2013

My finpecia (1mg ONCE a week and rogaine TWICE daily) has been doing WONDERS for me!!! I was a diffused NW4.5 and now I'm back to a NW1. Once you get over the shedding, it comes back thick! Don't let the shedding discourage you, bear with it. You HAVE to stick with a regimen that works for you. I thought finpecia wasn't working for me but man just taking it once a week has done more than anything I've ever tried before. My hair hasn't been this thick in over 2 years. It's amazing. I'll post pictures later. Stick with it guys!

Comment

• ThinningHairFML
        • Aug 2014

Hey cichlidfort -- any news?

I forgot about this thread being a thing.

Comment

• AuzzyTime
          • Dec 2015

Hey I signed up for this forum JUST Because I saw everything ThinningHairFML has been posting..

Thinning hair I HAVE THE EXACT same issue happening, honestly all your photos legit look like me.

Morning my hair looks like shit, dull, flat awful.
          A shower does seem to fix it exactly like yours

But the back and sides, if my hair isnt longish, it looks like Diffused DUPA or something I have no idea, have you found anything else out for yours?

I have been on Fin for just over 3 months because of this issue, (I have slight receding hairline on both sides as well and the same Small Bald spot at the top like yours)

I feel like the Fin is working OKAY at best for the receding but the back I'm not sure because I haven't had a haircut since starting my FIN (I'm almost scared because of how bad it looks in the back, lol)

Anyways man have you found anything else out about this problem? I sent you a F/R maybe we can get in touch or something.

P.S sorry for the BUMP

Comment

Working...