+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dealing with MPB as a teenager

Hey guys,

I'm new here, and I'm mainly looking for support/advice. How do you deal with MPB as a teenager?
    I'm 16 and my MPB is pretty bad. My crown is very thin. I've started Rogaine and using Nioxin 2 in the shower.

I feel really bad about my hair. Girls don't really talk to me and I feel like my friends always have it in the back of their minds. Is it going to be like this forever?

Quote Originally Posted by Randomname View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm new here, and I'm mainly looking for support/advice. How do you deal with MPB as a teenager?
    I'm 16 and my MPB is pretty bad. My crown is very thin. I've started Rogaine and using Nioxin 2 in the shower.

I feel really bad about my hair. Girls don't really talk to me and I feel like my friends always have it in the back of their minds. Is it going to be like this forever?

Ok chill your at the right place, carry on with Rogaine twice a day, but I would ditch nioxin and buy a shampoo like regenepure DR and NT, keto base shampoo is better at stopping DHT at early stages. Considering your young I would not suggest finesteride, consult a doctor.

Yeah I talked to my dermatologist about propecia and he said there isn't any real research with teenage use of Propecia and he recommended against it.

Will the shampoo make a big difference? I will switch to regenepure, but I just bought the Nioxin and it was pretty expensive.
    Also Thank you for replying

Yeah I talked to my dermatologist about propecia and he said there isn't any real research with teenage use of Propecia and he recommended against it.

Will the shampoo make a big difference? I will switch to regenepure, but I just bought the Nioxin and it was pretty expensive.
    Also Thank you for replying
    Your derm is right, I would hold finesteride till your 18, regenepure has helped my cousin luckily his hairloss started slowly so regenepure daily use has helped him a lot. I would use a regenepure DR and NT daily and use a conditioner afterwards. Also don't forget to leave the shampoo on for 20 minutes that's the DR version.

Ok great.

Thank you so much for your help.

Ok great.

Thank you so much for your help.
    No worries, also speak with your derm and ask about Spiro cream ************ sell it.

Does spiro cream get absorbed and work though? Bryan posted a small study showing it did work to some degree but it had a different vehicle im pretty sure than the cream. So whether the cream formulation gets properly absorbed and to the area it needs to work at is anyone guess.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Does spiro cream get absorbed and work though? Bryan posted a small study showing it did work to some degree but it had a different vehicle im pretty sure than the cream. So whether the cream formulation gets properly absorbed and to the area it needs to work at is anyone guess.
    Well I use Promox DMI 5% spray now, DMI makes this shit absorb I apply spiro at night than spray the DMI shit onto my scalp. I find it does help less itching etc. But yea I think your right, it's all about penetrating this shit into the follicle.

You should also consider using masking agents, like Toppik or courvre, to make it look like you have more hair. This, along with rogaine and shampoos like regenepure or nizoral, may be enough to hold you over until you are 18 and can use finasteride.

Hey guys,

I am 17 now and started to lose my hair when I was 15 maybe 14. Since I was 12 I already had to deal with some bad thing about my body greatly affecting my confidence and when I was 15 and found out that I was balding in my early teens is for me too much then I can handle. It just isn't normal for a teen to go bald at that age... I always thought that in my early teens I would just always try to look at my best and start with life. Going out with girls, making new friends or find new hobbies. Looks like that's not in it for me, instead I have to deal with problems like hairloss.

So how do I deal with hair loss as a teenager? Well I can't. My life was supposed to really start at my age but for me it feels like it is already over. Anyway I should just stop posting stuff like this on hair loss forums.