+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Would this regimen be at all successful for a guy with DUPA?

I haven't been to the doctor yet (appointment's next week for a physical, but plan on bringing up my hair), but I plan on starting a regimen if my blood work comes back clean.

Anyway, I feel like I have DUPA -- my hair's noticeably thinner on the back of my head, my sideburns are balding considerably, the hair around my ears is thin, my hairline is receding at the temples, and I believe I have a slight bald spot in my crown. To the average person, I probably look like I'm not losing my hair, but I know I am.

I've already gotten Nizoral 1%. I've heard some good things about S5 (the topical spiro) and emu oil as well. I'm not completely turned off to the idea of Minoxidil, but I'd like to stay away from it as long as possible.

I have no real interest in Finasteride/Propecia because the idea of it possibly not working (I've read it's ineffective in those with DUPA a few places) and causing potentially -- though unlikely -- permanent impotence is not something I'd care to live with.

So the list for people just browsing:
    Nizoral (1% every other day, no other shampoo usage)
    5% Spironolactone cream
    Emu oil

Question: Should Nizoral work right away? I used it for the first time yesterday and my scalp is still itchy.

By the way I meant to ask... are there truly no side effects to using Spironolactone cream? How is it that Spiro cream doesn't absorb and cause negative side effects the same way Fin cream can?

Quote Originally Posted by ThinningHairFML View Post
    I haven't been to the doctor yet (appointment's next week for a physical, but plan on bringing up my hair), but I plan on starting a regimen if my blood work comes back clean.

Anyway, I feel like I have DUPA -- my hair's noticeably thinner on the back of my head, my sideburns are balding considerably, the hair around my ears is thin, my hairline is receding at the temples, and I believe I have a slight bald spot in my crown. To the average person, I probably look like I'm not losing my hair, but I know I am.

I've already gotten Nizoral 1%. I've heard some good things about S5 (the topical spiro) and emu oil as well. I'm not completely turned off to the idea of Minoxidil, but I'd like to stay away from it as long as possible.

I have no real interest in Finasteride/Propecia because the idea of it possibly not working (I've read it's ineffective in those with DUPA a few places) and causing potentially -- though unlikely -- permanent impotence is not something I'd care to live with.

So the list for people just browsing:
    Nizoral (1% every other day, no other shampoo usage)
    5% Spironolactone cream
    Emu oil

Question: Should Nizoral work right away? I used it for the first time yesterday and my scalp is still itchy.
    Youre gonna get nowhere with this regime guarenteed, S5 has been around for years and I dont know anyone that still uses it. Nizorals affect on hairloss is minor at best and EMU oil will do nothing.

I have never seen anyone have permanent impotence from FIN, every medical drug will have side effects for some, but I know TONNES of people that use Fin with little to no side effects, you might get a slight decrease in lipido but i have never seen a person where it didnt return even with continued use or returned when they just got off the drug(very rarely I saw some have problems persist for a couple months after discontinued use, but were talking 1 person out of a thousand).

Try Fin and Min, do not just ignore it out of fear, 99% of the time the side effects if they do occur will go away.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Youre gonna get nowhere with this regime guarenteed, S5 has been around for years and I dont know anyone that still uses it. Nizorals affect on hairloss is minor at best and EMU oil will do nothing.

I have never seen anyone have permanent impotence from FIN, every medical drug will have side effects for some, but I know TONNES of people that use Fin with little to no side effects, you might get a slight decrease in lipido but i have never seen a person where it didnt return even with continued use or returned when they just got off the drug(very rarely I saw some have problems persist for a couple months after discontinued use, but were talking 1 person out of a thousand).

Try Fin and Min, do not just ignore it out of fear, 99% of the time the side effects if they do occur will go away.
    Minoxidil will be the only one I bother trying if I get around to it.

With all I've read about Procepia in particular, it doesn't seem at all worth the risks, as small as they may be. I've read up on too many studies and been told too often that it's not even all that helpful in aggressive hair loss. Again, I still don't know for certain if I'm balding, but it sure seems that way.

Maybe I'll think about it more in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinningHairFML View Post
    Minoxidil will be the only one I bother trying if I get around to it.

With all I've read about Procepia in particular, it doesn't seem at all worth the risks, as small as they may be. I've read up on too many studies and been told too often that it's not even all that helpful in aggressive hair loss. Again, I still don't know for certain if I'm balding, but it sure seems that way.

Maybe I'll think about it more in the future.
    I been lucky but I gotta tell you I dont advise others to try finasteride if they haven't yet knowing what I know from the studies unless they are already on it anyways and have no side effects.

Fin and minox wont do much for dupa.

I too have been suffering from dupa for a year now, it truly sucks...big time.

I have recently gone and make many trips to ssee a prominent trichologist who has told me that DUPA is reversible and you can go back to normal density.

HE suggests it could be afew things causing the problem.

I want to post some pics he showed me of a few older men in there 50s that had dupa and made a full recovery.

Its really inspiring to see these pics for people who have dupa because theres a lot of negative feedback to those who have dupa saying its incurable. when this isn't the case, its just most people don't look deep enough into what the triggers are.

but yeah anyways the regrowth on these guys is amazing, im unna try and get those pics, but idk if I can because my trichologist has been getting his pictures stolen from his website and are being used on other hair loss scam websites, but ill try to get the pics for you thinninghairFML

Quote Originally Posted by hairlosskills View Post

I have recently gone and make many trips to ssee a prominent trichologist who has told me that DUPA is reversible and you can go back to normal density.

I want to post some pics he showed me of a few older men in there 50s that had dupa and made a full recovery.

What did these people do to achieve results?

Its really inspiring to see these pics for people who have dupa because theres a lot of negative feedback to those who have dupa saying its incurable. when this isn't the case, its just most people don't look deep enough into what the triggers are.

but yeah anyways the regrowth on these guys is amazing, im unna try and get those pics, but idk if I can because my trichologist has been getting his pictures stolen from his website and are being used on other hair loss scam websites, but ill try to get the pics for you thinninghairFML
    What did these poeople do to achive results?

i am ASSUMING I have DUPA. i've become a bit more informed since making this thread...

I had a dermatologist appointment on wednesday and will be back here with results. i feel like it COULD be DPA, but I'm not sure -- i'm losing hair basically all over my head except possibly my donor area. nape of neck, sides, vertex, crown, hairline... it's all going bye-bye pretty quickly. i got blood work but never got results/they never called me. trying to see if it's thyroid, but i doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by hairlosskills View Post

Hey do you have the info on that trichologist. I have DUPA and fin isn't working. I'd really appreicate it.

Im using my xbox to use the internet so i cant post links. But go to evolution hair loss centers based out of phoenix/tempe arizona. The name of the trichologist is william gaunitz.
    this isnt a biased reccomendation. I have met with him several times, he has shown me some impressive photos for people who have dupa