+ Reply to Thread

Default Newbie needs help

Hello TheBaldTruth, I am very happy i found this forum filled with people in the same position as me..

I am 21 and my hair is THINNING like crazy, I live a low stress life (apart from the stress i am getting from hair loss) and almost everyone on both sides of my family are bald post 40.

Yet I am making this post because i really want to find a solution for my condition, but tbh i am scared of taking drugs to help due to the side effects, in all honesty my sex drive is very low as it is, so i do NOT want to take propecia.. I talk to my parents but they just say "accept it, its going to happen" .. But the bald truth for me is that I can accept it, but NOT at the age of 21..

Below I have posted a picture of my current hairline,

Does anyone have some advice on what i can start? I have looked into Minoxidil from Boots chemist (I live in England), Would that solve my problem??

Thanks for any help I may be given! Its been hard putting this picture up, Its something im really ashamed of

Hey Geologist2. I think me and you are in the same boat.
    From what I've heard here so far, there are basically 3 products that most people here are using.
    Minoxidil 5%, finasteride (as either propecia or proscar), or nizoral shampoo.
    I'm already using minox and nizoral and will try to get on finasteride when I next see my doctor. If your current level of hair loss is bugging you might want to consider a concealer like Toppik. I've use Toppik right now and it made my bald spot (which is much larger than yours) disappear.
    Good luck.

Thanks! i have never seen this product before, In all honesty im not that much bothered about been bald in the future, ive rocked a shaved head for over a year, but currently i am just growing it out that one last time, and this product looks like it will most likely be fine for me until i hit my mid-late twentys when I suspect my baldness will get real.

Lets hope it runs that way atleast, thanks Shineydome, will get back when I have tried Toppik

Minoxidil can regrow hair. But it doesn't do anything to stop the reason why you are losing hair. You need a dht inhibitor for this. If your not on finasterade at least look into some topical alternatives.