+ Reply to Thread

Default Red Head Hair Transplant | Finally I cast aside my fear for hair transplantation

I want to share my experience as a way to convey my personal experience from A to Z to help people with details. My first drawback was my red hair, because while I was searching on the forums I came to point that hair transplantation might be get different result according to hair color as well. This was my main reason to niggle more years to find right doctor and clinic . I hope my experience can help other people as well.

Patient adviser – Mete Aydemir was my personal patient adviser. He answered my questions swiftly and accurately. Whenever I had a question he couldn't answer (due to the medical expertise required) he spoke to Dr. Safiye Kurt and then returned with an update. Mete was unbelievably helpful and is an all-around good guy. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking to have a hair transplant with Dr. Safiye Kurt

Payment – I paid total amount of 4000 USD for 3300 graft FUE hair transplant included 3 nights hotel, transfer.

Travel – I traveled by airplane to Istanbul from the Edinburgh. It was about a 4,5 hour.

Accommodation – I stayed at the Fraser Place Anthill. I highly recommend this hotel arrangement for a couple of reasons. First hotel was located one of the tallest building in the city and you can have best city sight. Second, there were a lot of Arab patients who was here to get hair transplantation from Adem & Havva Hair Clinic. it is so nice talking to other hair transplant patients

Surgery Experience –Dr. Kurt is a true master at his craft. I don’t know about rankings, but she must be at least one of the top hair transplant surgeons in the Turkey. Numerous persons on her technical staff had been with her for 6-7 years or more. It feels nice to know that the surgical staff members placing the grafts have over 10 years of experience. Below is a timeline for the surgery:

09:00 am – I entered the Safiye Kurt facility and immediately met her surgical technician. He is a really good guy. He seemed to be by my side the entire day .He gave me the consent forms to fill out and had them completed by 9:15 am. I would recommend you read them over before you arrive. Have your patient adviser send them to you by email. Bottom line is this: a hair transplant is a surgery, and surgeries can go wrong even in the most capable of hands due to a number of reasons

9:30 am –One of other staff took my blood when the other one taking my pictures.

9:45 am – I met with Dr. Safiye in her office and she immediately determined my growth over the last couple of months since my last consultation with her by email, mobile etc. She recommended 3000 – 3500 graft. She looked at my facial characteristics and drew a line where she believed the hairline should be placed. I agreed we walked into the surgical area.
    10:00 am – Dr. Safiye checked my blood test result and I was prepped for surgery and given numbing shots to my donor area. These shots are not for the weak at heart. They hurt like hell. Once Dr. Safiye determined that I was ready, she began to operation. There were a lot of surgical staff members in the room determining whether I was stable during the whole process. They have started extract to grafts with FUE machine with 0.6 and 0.7 punch.

12:00– an enormous team assembles to separate the grafts according to place where it must be planted. At that moment I have realized that the really do everything very systematically. Because front line, crown area and the vertex must be transplanted with different follicle unit (e.g. front line must be one with very high density) this step took about 2 hours. Dr. Safiye came in to make the recipient sites while her staff separated the grafts. We had a nice chat about the state of the hair transplantation field. She informed me that they were able to obtain 3300 grafts.

12:30 pm – It was lunch break, one of her staf brought me a huge tray of Turkish dishes

1:00 pm Dr. Safiye was opened channel for graft replacement.

1:30pm three surgical staff members went about placing the grafts into the recipient sites.

3:00 pm – Done! I was amazed with the speed and efficiency of the team. For comparison, I was at the Adem&Havva Hair Clinic until 4pm for 3300 grafts!
    After the surgery: Not much to note. I actually didn’t experience much pain at all. But please do not think this a normal scenario. I don’t think the pain was all due to the surgeon and the staff. I was and am currently following the post-op instructions down to the smallest detail. After 3 days I back to work. This is not the ideal situation. Please, at least, take a week off if possible
    Good Luck for everybody.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	po top.JPG

Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	34456   Click image for larger version

Name:	po right.JPG

Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	34457   Click image for larger version

Name:	po left.JPG

Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	34458   Click image for larger version

Name:	po crown.JPG