+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

If follica needed $20M for a new cure, they would have it. There is no way they are "definitely" $20M away from a $50B+ a year business and not getting the $20M...

more likely they need $20M to maybe find and market the cure... hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Apparently Follica needs 20 million dollars for a full cure. Does that mean that a full cure exists and they don't want to tell us what the fck it is?
    I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I wouldn't put that past them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoxo View Post
    So 20 millions... that looks a bit strange and it doesn't look like something is coming soon. I could be wrong, e.g. if it isn't for research purposes but for advertising and releasing something to the market. Potential investors will of course be shown exclusivly the current state of their products and they also need to deliver a persuading proof of their concept to them. Very different from what we get to know.
    The research is pretty much done. Cotsarelis has been working on the wounding theory for about a decade (or more?). If the money was supposed to go towards marketing, we'd have the treatment ready for use. Since neither of those are valid, then it's gotta be something inbetween; clinical trials.

You could speculate that we just trolled the hell out of Desmon84 and spat out a random number. Or he threw out a high number to get investors to fund him and Follica (and a big paycheck). Whatever the case is, I wouldn't doubt for a second they've got SOMETHING credible but are not releasing it.

The research is pretty much done. Cotsarelis has been working on the wounding theory for about a decade (or more?). If the money was supposed to go towards marketing, we'd have the treatment ready for use. Since neither of those are valid, then it's gotta be something inbetween; clinical trials.

You could speculate that we just trolled the hell out of Desmon84 and spat out a random number. Or he threw out a high number to get investors to fund him and Follica (and a big paycheck). Whatever the case is, I wouldn't doubt for a second they've got SOMETHING credible but are not releasing it.
    \

Dude... if they had something credible they would release it. Nobody is sitting around trying hard to not make tons of money.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    \

Dude... if they had something credible they would release it. Nobody is sitting around trying hard to not make tons of money.
    They're not releasing shit if they don't get through clinical trials. Which they haven't.

They're not releasing shit if they don't get through clinical trials. Which they haven't.
    if there was zero risk (in terms of them having something and "just needing to get through trials now+marketing and distribution"), then they'd have investors. but they dont. because theyre still looking for the right answer and investors hate spending cash on unknown R+D outcomes.... thus they have no investors....

The whole money thing is really odd. Cots is very successful and well paid, both as a professor and a doctor. The dermatology school at Penn where he works is very well funded. He's a world famous doctor and his input is sought for nearly every hair loss related news story. And he supposedly has access to a treatment better than minox but can't raise less than the amount of money it costs to run most drug trials to release the product? And he tried to solicit money from a random guy he met at a conference? i guess strange things happen, but i'm having a hard time making it add up in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    \

Companies don't like wasting money however, there could be certain factors for example.

i.e the product is only slightly better than Minoxidil but costs 3X as much, the bald community would probably hop on it right away, but stop using it due to value/cost.

plus marketing fees, phase III costs, producing the product.

I mean you bring ANY new hairloss drug to the market it will sell well, but it's possible Follica wants a really good product to release, not just a minoxidil 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    This is very very damn good. Not only is it a detailed framework for action, but it says that this is stuff you can pretty much do at home (at least this is what I got out of it).

It does not give us specific results, so this is probably one more weapon among the ones we already have, rather than a full blown cure. But it sounds like it can help a lot if the right regimen is adopted. I can see my self applying Minoxidil and doing Fin once a week in combination with this product.
    You'll probably need something else to induce follicle neogenesis or reviving existing follicles. I'm almost certain it's FGF-9.

You'll probably need something else to induce follicle neogenesis or reviving existing follicles. I'm almost certain it's FGF-9.
    i'm wondering what's holding Cots back to set up a small trial where he can try the FGF9 theory. he doesn't need 20mio. dollary for that, probably not even 1mio.
    they already have a device to wound the skin (at least a functional prototype, good enough for some proof of concept trials). so why not just set up a trial and if he is lucky he will already notice some growing hairs during that first trial. so why always millions of dollars to test an idea, and 10 years of further research?