+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 18 and seriously worried about my crown.

Hi guys,

Thank you for taking the time to look at this thread. My hair is generally quite thick and long, but over the past few months I've come to notice how prominent my crown is and it some times feels rather itchy, but I don't know if that's because I'm now worrying about it.

Do you think my crown is thinning? If so, what should I do?

Thank you for your time.

I will take some more photos later.

The shape of my hairline has changed also.

Any replies?

I am sad to hear that because believe me it's a painful experience. Read my threads I am new here. But don't worry worse case scenario nowadays we have the hair transplant surgery you should read about it. I just did my procedure 9 days ago in Long Island NY by Dr. feller. I wish I did it 10 years ago but I didn't know about it : ( now I am 32 but I am very happy I did it. Tomorrow I am scheduled to go back to Dr. feller to remove the staples. Read about here Transplant and here is a link from wikipedia about hair transplant.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_transplantation

MJC here a link to Dr. feller site about hair transplant procedure
    http://fellermedical.com/what-is-a-hair-transplant

IMO you don't really need to worry. The thing in the crown looks like a swirl, which doesn't mean you're balding, it's just where the hair changes direction and growth. And the hairline seems like a mature hairline to me, nearly everyone recedes slightly at some point, it just means you've gone from a juvenile hairline to an adult one, not balding. Although keep an eye on the hairline and keep an eye on the crown under the same lighting conditions. The key question is, does anyone have any hair loss in your family? How much hairloss does your dad have? Or anyone on your mum or dad's side? If it's prominent, you might want to start treatment to prevent it, except for that, atm, I don't really see hair loss. Just keep an eye on it now and again, and live life! Because at the moment you have a great head of hair, and even if you do notice the start of MPB, you'd be in a good position to prevent and stop it. But for now don't worry, what you have atm, is common and to me, doesn't look like any balding.

Thanks for the reply Jesse. My maternal grandfather as bald, my paternal didn't, and my father receded but his crown remained. I'm just worried because I swear my hairline is receding and that my crown feels thinner each week.

Second opinions?

Looks good to me too. You could be in the early stages of a maturing hairline rather than balding. Post some more pics taken over a period of a few years. It will be easier to see if there is something going on.

Thank you Sammygirl. After a shower, I noticed that my crows peak? (I think it's called) goes all the very high at the edges. This could still be a mature hairline right? Thank you.

Damn it.. This is really stressing me out, I can't stop thinking about it. Apparently if you have tiny thin hairs at the front of your hairline that means you're receding, and guess what, I have those too..

Seriously don't worry, you're absolutely fine! I understand, most people get worried when they first think about it, but it's just your hair maturing, and the miniaturisation (which I can't really see much of at all) is just part of the receding which leaves the mature hairline. And your genetics are in your favour. So don't worry, because remember you still have a really good head of hair, and essentially, balding only becomes a huge problem in the higher norwoods, which you're unlikely to ever hit. So try not to think about it, and just remember that everything is normal. Besides, you're unlikely to ever lose a lot of hair, with the treatments and non-significant balding. If you can't take your mind off it still, then perhaps maybe try a new hairstyle, I find that often helps me, more to give you a more positive attitude and prove that there's hardly any hair loss. But it's up to you, and whatever you do, just remember only take photos now and again, try not to think about it because there's nothing to worry about, treatments would help IF it does happen, and you have a great head of hair!