+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Ruxolitinib is the cure?

interesting ! i trust Columbia university

http://www.cosmeticsdesign-europe.co...%2BText%2BNews

Quote Originally Posted by baldybald View Post
    interesting ! i trust Columbia university

http://www.cosmeticsdesign-europe.co...%2BText%2BNews

This pill will treat a different type of hair loss than the hair loss that we have.

w00t! Male Pattern Baldness once again given the short end of the stick

However anyone saying this won't work for AGA will of course be just be adding speculation and nothing more. Nobody knows if it will work for AGA until its trialed.

The question all of you should be asking is: WHY was this not trialed for AGA?
    Answer: See the first sentence my reply.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    w00t! Male Pattern Baldness once again given the short end of the stick

However anyone saying this won't work for AGA will of course be just be adding speculation and nothing more. Nobody knows if it will work for AGA until its trialed.

The question all of you should be asking is: WHY was this not trialed for AGA?
    Answer: See the first sentence my reply.
    I think some people need to read the articles they post because this is again like the previous arthritis drug only has potential for those with alopecia areata.

In response to Hellouser, I think you need to understand that companies are obviously trying to produce a viable treatment or a cure but it's obvious they don't have the knowledge to do so. You make it seem like they are trying to waste time in producing a treatment when it's in everyone's best interest to produce a treatment as fast as possible. This drug was trialed for those with bone marrow disorders and most likely in those trails they noticed it grows hair for those with alopecia areata. So they aren't trailing it for AGA because they most likely had patients with AGA on the drug during the bone marrow trials and they hadn't reported results with hair growth.

After doing several searches on pubmed/webmd, you will likely find the same if not more research on alopecia areata compared to AGA, which is absolute bullshit. AGA affects roughly 97% of hairloss sufferers and Areata affects roughly 1 or 2%

Quote Originally Posted by cthulhu2 View Post
    After doing several searches on pubmed/webmd, you will likely find the same if not more research on alopecia areata compared to AGA, which is absolute bullshit. AGA affects roughly 97% of hairloss sufferers and Areata affects roughly 1 or 2%
    Positional Good theory in full effect. The neglect for men's health is strong. Don't dare to speak up about it in public... society laughs at baldness and those wanting a treatment.

Positional Good theory in full effect. The neglect for men's health is strong. Don't dare to speak up about it in public... society laughs at baldness and those wanting a treatment.
    Hair loss isn't a life threatening disease, it's life altering but not threatening, therefore it doesn't require any attention. The cure for hair loss is learning to live with it. You'll likely be well into your 40's before anything worthwhile comes out, might as well enjoy these years while you can.

Historically; research into primarily male related diseases has always been lower than our female counter parts.

I thought I would update this for anyone who is researching this like I just did.

Ruxolitinib was tested on humans with autoimmune caused hair loss (alopecia areata) and it worked great.

However, Ruxolitinib has already been approved by the fda since 2011 for the treatement of mylofibrosis. I'm sure thousands of people have already tried Ruxolitinib for mylofibrosis and no doubt thousands of these people already had common male pattern baldness. We have not heard anything about all these people regrowing their hair.

The research into using Ruxolitinib for alopecia areata was probably initiated only after accidentally noticing that a few people with mylofibrosis also started re-growing their hair. Only about 15000 people in the US have mylofibrosis and only 1 in 1000 people have alopecia areata so only 15 people in the whole united states probably started regrowing hair as a consequence of using Ruxolitinib. The research into using Ruxolitinib for alopecia areata only began after rux had already been approved by the fda.