+ Reply to Thread

Default 20 Year old, am I balding ?

I'm 20 year old and my crown kinda looks weird right now. My father is 61 and he still has a full set of hair, my maternal grandfather also had a full hair set till death. I don't understand how I can go bald ? Maybe it's just the flash of the camera which makes it look like I'm going bald ? anyway see for yourself.Here are the pics :
    This pic was taken 1.5 years ago
    http://imgur.com/zcX9R0k
    This is how I look now ( I don't see any difference between back then and now ) :
    http://imgur.com/a/jqoDp#0

Flash used in both pics, also my hairline is not receding.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilias2006 View Post
    I'm 20 year old and my crown kinda looks weird right now. My father is 61 and he still has a full set of hair, my maternal grandfather also had a full hair set till death. I don't understand how I can go bald ? Maybe it's just the flash of the camera which makes it look like I'm going bald ? anyway see for yourself.Here are the pics :
    This pic was taken 1.5 years ago
    http://imgur.com/zcX9R0k
    This is how I look now ( I don't see any difference between back then and now ) :
    http://imgur.com/a/jqoDp#0

Flash used in both pics, also my hairline is not receding.
    Genetics are in your favor. Take a look at your picture I uploaded where my image editing software was able to find and enhance pixels that were nearly wiped out by the camera flash. It's very common for young men to look at the back of their head in a photo taken with a camera on flash and come to the conclusion, they are developing a bald spot. Without actually seeing you in person, I would say, keep an eye on it, but try not to stress. I don't think you're losing hair. It probablty looks fine under normal lighting. A camera flash makes a person's hair look thinner indoors than it does in direct sunlight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Camera flash.jpg

Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	34388

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - 1-800-368-4247
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    Genetics are in your favor. Take a look at your picture I uploaded where my image editing software was able to find and enhance pixels that were nearly wiped out by the camera flash. It's very common for young men to look at the back of their head in a photo taken with a camera on flash and come to the conclusion, they are developing a bald spot. Without actually seeing you in person, I would say, keep an eye on it, but try not to stress. I don't think you're losing hair. It probablty looks fine under normal lighting. A camera flash makes a person's hair look thinner indoors than it does in direct sunlight.

Attachment 34388

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
    Thank you sir for the answers and for the great help, here are pictures taken outside with no flash. I would appreciate it greatly if you can take a look as this situation is making me very depressive, thank you a lot !

http://imgur.com/a/MzdFA#0

Also other things that may help you out : I always run my hands through my hair whenever I'm done with the shower and I never saw even one hair strand on my hands, which means I'm not losing hair, right ? also is my crown being a line normal ? because I thought when you start balding it forms a circle .

Thank you sir for the answers and for the great help, here are pictures taken outside with no flash. I would appreciate it greatly if you can take a look as this situation is making me very depressive, thank you a lot !

http://imgur.com/a/MzdFA#0

Also other things that may help you out : I always run my hands through my hair whenever I'm done with the shower and I never saw even one hair strand on my hands, which means I'm not losing hair, right ? also is my crown being a line normal ? because I thought when you start balding it forms a circle .
    Some young men's hair just looks like that in the back and they never go bald. Are you taking any medication that has a side effect of hair loss? If so, see if there's an alternative medication. There are some things you can do and often doing something can ease stress:

1.) Get plenty of exercise. Don't baby your hair. Brush your hair and massage your scalp to stimulate good circulation. Make sure you're eating a balanced diet. A steady diet of fast food should of course always be avoided. It's rare to have hair loss caused by poor nutrition, but it can't hurt to eliminate that possibility.

2.) Find a doctor (most likely a hair restoration doctor) who offers HairCheck. If you go that route, grow your hair to about 3" (7.5cm). We offer HairCheck at no charge but we're in Atlanta which may or may not be close to you. Hair mass numbers are kept on file from HairCheck and can be compared to your numbers taken at a later date, for example, 3 years later. If the numbers go down, your hair is miniaturizing.

3.) It really wouldn't hurt to rub minoxidil into your scalp after you shower and wash your hair. If you do get sides from minoxidil, they're seldom a big deal, mostly redness or itching.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 07:40 PM.

Attachment 34388

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    Some young men's hair just looks like that in the back and they never go bald. Are you taking any medication that has a side effect of hair loss? If so, see if there's an alternative medication. There are some things you can do and often doing something can ease stress:

1.) Get plenty of exercise. Don't baby your hair. Brush your hair and massage your scalp to stimulate good circulation. Make sure you're eating a balanced diet. A steady diet of fast food should of course always be avoided. It's rare to have hair loss caused by poor nutrition, but it can't hurt to eliminate that possibility.

2.) Find a doctor (most likely a hair restoration doctor) who offers HairCheck. If you go that route, grow your hair to about 3" (7.5cm). We offer HairCheck at no charge but we're in Atlanta which may or may not be close to you. Hair mass numbers are kept on file from HairCheck and can be compared to your numbers taken at a later date, for example, 3 years later. If the numbers go down, your hair is miniaturizing.

3.) It really wouldn't hurt to rub minoxidil into your scalp after you shower and wash your hair. If you do get sides from minoxidil, they're seldom a big deal, mostly redness or itching.

I live in Morocco, I doubt that HairCheck operates here. So based on your answer, you think that I'm balding, right ?
    Also no medication, diet is balanced ( lot of fruits , meat , vegetables ) . And that part of my hair was like that since forever, in that pic of 1 year ago you can see the crown as its formed in a L shape , only the parting on the side is visible ofcourse but you can compare that parting with how it looks like at the moment, do you see any worsening or any thinning?

Update : I think I found out why my hair looks like that, I parted it in the left side instead of the right, here how it looks like when I part it on the right ( it's my natural part )
    http://i.imgur.com/NS0Ced0.jpg

How does this look ? balding or not?

Update : I think I found out why my hair looks like that, I parted it in the left side instead of the right, here how it looks like when I part it on the right ( it's my natural part )
    http://i.imgur.com/NS0Ced0.jpg

How does this look ? balding or not?
    It's difficult if not impossible to tell from photos in some cases. Considering your family history, genetics are in your favor and I hope you enjoy a full head of hair well into old age.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 07:40 PM.

It's difficult if not impossible to tell from photos in some cases. Considering your family history, genetics are in your favor and I hope you enjoy a full head of hair well into old age.

Thank you sir, it's been very kind of you to help me throughout this ordeal. I wish the best of luck for everyone else who is experiencing hair loss, please stay couragous . Have a good day

Doesnt look bad. Think of it this way even if you were actually going bald as long as its very slowly its not a big deal. In another few years CB or other things will be out and then you can safely prevent it without getting on drugs. It probably wont even be noticeable to anyone else either. Your really fighting time the most if you can last a few more years you can avoid the hair loss treatment dark ages with something from PGD2 discovery or CB 03 01 which will probably prevent MPB completely