26 years old - no family history of hair loss - starting to thin fairly rapidly - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default 26 years old - no family history of hair loss - starting to thin fairly rapidly

Hello everyone,

[Intro] (pictures below for tl;dr)
    First off, thank you in advance for your help. I am a 26 year old of Asian descent and up t'll this point I have always had a full head of hair with no concerns. 3 days ago, I noticed clumps of hair in my shower, but have yet to see the same phenomenon taking place - perhaps it is because I have been on Rogaine, and have bought/been using appropriate shampoo/conditioner. Leading up to this event was 2 years or so of immense stress from work, school, and my personal life. Couple this with the fact that my job requires me to literally work 90+ hours/week, perhaps with your guys's help I can attribute this initially to stress or something more serious before seeing a doctor. Also, I'd like to note that my family has 0 history of hair loss and my mother and father still have healthy heads of hair.

Thanks again in advance.

[Pictures]

(day 1, with styled hair)
    (today, fresh out of shower - this bald spot is what prompted me to look at the rest of my head, initially) - wet hair
    - wet hair
    - today, wet hair
    - hairline (note: I shave the front stubble to maintain a uniform hairline - have not shaved it in awhile)

I'd like to lastly note that the one bald spot I found has not grown since and today I found tiny hairs forming on it.

Thanks again in advance.

bump for advice. thanks in advance

I would get it properly diagnosed since you claim your hair loss just started out of nowhere. Your hair loss pattern also looks a bit unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I would get it properly diagnosed since you claim your hair loss just started out of nowhere. Your hair loss pattern also looks a bit unusual.
    I'd say it looks like regular female hair loss pattern - thinning behind the hair line, with little or no receding in the front. It can very well be something wrong, which I guess we should hope so it can be fixed. But it could also be genetically mutation, towards the worse in this case.

But he did state he works literally +90 hours a week so that's 13 hours a day or so. Hope it's stress

Hopefully it's just stress man, you work a lot of hours. I had some pretty rapid shedding over the course of about 8-9 months and I got so concerned that I made a trip to the doctor. I hope you made an appointment with a doctor, just to be safe.

Could be Telogen Effluvium from significant physical stressful event (acute or chronic) or thyroid issues. Have you felt a deterioration in your general health? Tired, GI irregularity, bloating, dizziness, irritability, lethargy, etc...look up hypothyroid or hashimotos disease to see if more than one of those symptoms relate to your current well being, if so think about getting blood work for thyroid including thyroid antibodies, vit D, vit B, and Iron panel, not just thyroid related TSH blood tests. Consult your Primary Dr on this topic if you think it might apply to you. Let us know how things go.

Please, does anyone know what happened to this guy?

I got the same exact pattern as him at age 16, and its really worrying me.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Trenblastoise View Post
    I'd say it looks like regular female hair loss pattern - thinning behind the hair line, with little or no receding in the front. It can very well be something wrong, which I guess we should hope so it can be fixed. But it could also be genetically mutation, towards the worse in this case.

But he did state he works literally +90 hours a week so that's 13 hours a day or so. Hope it's stress
    What @trenblastoise said is on point. This doesn't look like a usual case of MBP. I would consult a professional and see what he has to say.