Dr Klein promox patients! Read if you need help.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noisette
    • Jun 2013

Originally posted by diffuse
    Seroiusly I don't know what gave the density back, but i think my recent shed was due to minox because i restarted in September after a 3 months break so it's like starting with a clean paper and when i was on it for 9 months it gave me a shed around six months..I'm responding really good to minox i think.

My current regimen is:
    Minox foam in the morning
    40mg RU in 2 ml to cover my whole scalp at night
    Spectral DNC-L and Simply right minoxidil 5% liquid at night
    1mg Dutasteride injected to the scalp every 2 weeks

My hair is getting better day by day i'm going to show you photos when it has reached the peak, but i consider to take fin 0,5mg EOD or 3-4 times a week to give a final bullet to my hairloss.
    Sorry for my poor english writing bro, I wish you a good amount of hair with some regrowth on balding areas.

Comment

• Jazz1
      Inactive
      • Aug 2012

Hey as above I would seriously avoid switching Brands on either medication even oral Finetseride! I will reply tommorow as I need to be up early for work.

Comment

• keisomo
        • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Jazz1
        Sounds like an irritation from Tretinoin/RA, as stated in my previous posts tretinoin is very good for cell renewal and helps counter side effects from Hydocortisone! Normally irritation subsides after a few months, ideally using coconut oil daily helps counter stinging/irritation. I been using tretinoin for 2 years now in the formula, at the start I had irritated/red inflammed skin, after few months I was totally fine and happy with the regrowth .
        Hey Jazz1,

Firstly, like many others, thanks for finding Susan. Thanks for the information about coconut oil to help with itching, did some readings and search on amazon, it has pretty good rating and is actually eatable as well? Do you apply the coconut oil immediately after Minox or a few hours later... I'm going to order some coconut oil today to try out to help battle itching, if it does, I'll remove the Hydrocortisone since it's not really for hairloss prevention.

Comment

• warner8
          • Jan 2015

for those that use susans compounded formula, how long before you saw regrowth if any?

Comment

• Jazz1
            Inactive
            • Aug 2012

I'm back! Finally they changed the forum settings!

Comment

• Jazz1
              Inactive
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by warner8
              for those that use susans compounded formula, how long before you saw regrowth if any?
              Some people noticed 2/3 months, how long has it been for you? Some it can be 6 months depending how miniaturised or dead the follicles are etc. I take it you did add tretinoin?

Comment

• warner8
                • Jan 2015

Some people noticed 2/3 months, how long has it been for you? Some it can be 6 months depending how miniaturised or dead the follicles are etc. I take it you did add tretinoin?
                12% minox
                AA
                retinin A
                Hydrocortisone

I have been on it little over a month now. I think I've experienced a good shed. I did not buzz my hair off for 3 days, and boy did it look bad. it looked like i lost a bunch of hair on my frontal and temple areas. I've also been on fin 10 months now.

I'm also using her biotin plus glut topical, and the melatonin topical from murray ave/susan as well

Comment

• Jazz1
                  Inactive
                  • Aug 2012

12% minox
                  AA
                  retinin A
                  Hydrocortisone

I have been on it little over a month now. I think I've experienced a good shed. I did not buzz my hair off for 3 days, and boy did it look bad. it looked like i lost a bunch of hair on my frontal and temple areas. I've also been on fin 10 months now.

I'm also using her biotin plus glut topical, and the melatonin topical from murray ave/susan as well
                  Shedding is a good sign, one month is way too soon, what brand Finesteride are you using? Prior to getting Susan's mixture did your Hairloss halt by Finesteride?

Comment

• warner8
                    • Jan 2015

Jazz, i really hope it is working, and just not my baldness over powering the fin. i buy a generic fin from costco in the usa. no idea of the brand.
                    I don't expect any hair growth in a month, but i was curious, as I now have balding patches i think from being on susans formula for the month. hopefully they will fill in by the end of the summer. i have to buzz my hair everyday to keep my balding as un-noticeable as possible, although i am sure ppl can fig it out. i hate it when ppl ask why i don't grow my hair out.....i just want to shout at them, its bc I'm balding you ideots.

i had really good growth when i started using just generic minox from wall mart 6 years ago when i was 24. the minox stopped working on my hair right as i turned 27. i thought maybe it was bc i had switched to minox foam which i had been using for 3 months, and switched back to the generic liquid. what i interpreted as shedding from the minox, was really shedding from the DHT levels in my scalp overpowering the minox; so while i was thinking the minox was working, i was really losing ground. it took me until i saw some family photographs just how bald my scalp was that i started with the generic fin, which will be a full year of fin this may. it stabilized my hairloss i feel, and maybe a little growth, but nothing major like minox obviously. I've been on the fin and generic 5% min liquid since last may, but did not get growth with the minox even when i combined the fin. after much research, i decided to up my percent of minox to 12 and began using susans formula with the fin, aa, tretonin and cortisone. i also added the melatonin, and glut + biotin.

Shedding is a good sign, one month is way too soon, what brand Finesteride are you using? Prior to getting Susan's mixture did your Hairloss halt by Finesteride?

Comment

• Jazz1
                      Inactive
                      • Aug 2012

Right, seems like Finesteride is responding very well on you, so my guess your probably going through a shed being on the higher % minoxidil.

I would carry on with your regime and allow at least 6 months as shedding is expected. One question do you use a Ketaconozole shampoo? If not get some Regenepure DR version, good shampoo that contains Ketaconozole.

Comment

• warner8
                        • Jan 2015

whats the benefit to ketaconazole? reduced dht in the scalp. I'm sensitive to strong perfume smells, so i don't use shampoo with all those extra ingredients that make it smell good;

Right, seems like Finesteride is responding very well on you, so my guess your probably going through a shed being on the higher % minoxidil.

I would carry on with your regime and allow at least 6 months as shedding is expected. One question do you use a Ketaconozole shampoo? If not get some Regenepure DR version, good shampoo that contains Ketaconozole.

Comment

• Jazz1
                          Inactive
                          • Aug 2012

whats the benefit to ketaconazole? reduced dht in the scalp. I'm sensitive to strong perfume smells, so i don't use shampoo with all those extra ingredients that make it smell good;
                          Correct, what about Nizoral, that smells plain?

Comment

• warner8
                            • Jan 2015

i think I'm like some other users where the ketoconzole made my hair fall out

Correct, what about Nizoral, that smells plain?

Comment

• Jazz1
                              Inactive
                              • Aug 2012

i think I'm like some other users where the ketoconzole made my hair fall out
                              Lol, Nizoral is very harsh, trust me try Regenepure Dr and a good conditioner .

Comment

• warner8
                                • Jan 2015

ok jazz, will order it off amazon, how many times per week should i use, and how long do i let it sit on the scalp? also do i wash the entire scalp, or just the balding areas?

Lol, Nizoral is very harsh, trust me try Regenepure Dr and a good conditioner .

Comment

Working...