+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 121 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1210

Quote Originally Posted by bornthisway View Post
    So if you add all additives to minoxidil how does the price change? Is there any reason the 30% minoxidil is actually being absorbed moreso than the 15%? I saw online testimonials claiming the 30% to be superior and thus faster acting with an improvement over 15%. My concern at 30% is what are the adverse effects such as on your heart? I personally recall old discussions claiming the difference ought to be negligible, I believe due to the assumption 30% wouldn't absorb sufficiently. I am thinking of placing an order but unsure as to the strength and which additives to add if not all. Progesterone from what I recall had a sweet spot close to 2%, too little or too much more being less effective.
    I highly do not suggest 30% unless you have not tried 15%, all depends what you currently use? I combine my 15% mixture with my 5% regaine foam. The price to add all additives remains the same, if you check the previous threads I posted I explained the set prices I done for us forum guys, she also gives 10% discount if you purchase 3 bottles in one go. Also to add only 1ml is required per day, no more! 3 bottles will last 6 months, mine last slightly more as I use 4 squirts to save more money.

Quote Originally Posted by funkville View Post
    you have a choice of using liquid or cream. i know that from 5-15 percent you can choose liquid or cream. in liquid 6 pumps is 1ml.
    Adding 0.1% Hydocortisone regardless will make the lotion thicker, so depends on the additives added.

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    Exactly. You want it on the baldest areas.

The Finasteride didn't keep my hair in. The Progesterone does.

I've only used this single topical application for a year (with 30%).

It will be interesting to see how long the Minoxidil will keep
    my hair in.
    Hey how is the progesterone lotion bottles, does it leave your hair greasy or dry quick? I might add them on my next order.

How has your hair changed with the 30% pea sized? Do you all think the cream is just as effective carrier? I think creams are easier to apply generally and less messy (no run off). I have only used up to 5% before and my hair is thin. I'm wondering since I've lost a lot of ground if I really should start at 12.5% or 30%. With using a pea sized amount of cream are the sides still just as likely (I'd guess sides are dependent on how well it's absorbed)? What's the cost for 12 5%? Given every additive has a proven track record, it seems like a good idea to include each as you'd target hair loss from a lot of angles. I'd guess the ingredients are complimentary and synergistic since they can be combined.
    What's your current regime? That way I can help guide you, here's the other thread on price list and how to order.

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...%21?highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by sleeme View Post
    Thanks for responding to my questions! I am having a hard time deciding what to use. I stopped Propecia because all my hormone levels are sky high out of range and my doctor told me to stop the medication to see if they return to normal. I am waiting now for the results and its been four weeks since i took the last Propecia 1mg. I have had NO side effects from the drug except for high Testosterone, estrogen, SHBG and for the last year, my doctor thought I had a benign condition of the liver but I recently tested my liver while off Propecia and the tests all came back normal. So now I am thinking Propecia has caused all this. Maybe this is how some people crash after taking the medication for years. They don't know unless they monitor their hormone levels and eventually it all comes crashing down. As of now I want to do something and wanted a topical so I thought maybe the 0.01% topical Finasteride would work. Or maybe mixing Retinoic Acid or Azelaic acid with minoxidil? I also didn't know if I should add progesterone in the topical? I was even thinking of possible micro dosing Propecia. I might respond to it since I think 1mg was a bit much. It just seems like I can't get any advice and don't know who to believe when it comes to hair loss issues. Is it too much to take on a daily basis? Is it dangerous to mix all of those things together? Won't the Retinoic acid eat up your skin and is topical Finasteride with an alcohol base safe and does it work? I read about Hussan and Wong, they are in Canada and they use a lipid base that is not legal in the US.... Thanks for any advice. I know its a lot to take and I have many questions, so I appreciate any information you can give!!

Hey just to add even topical finesteride will absorb into your blood stream, just less side effect compared to oral use. Tretinoin AKA retinoids will not eat your skin away, they just remove a thin layer. The percentage used won't cause long term side effects, I have been using it since Dr Klein days, over 3 years now. The good part about using tretinoin it helps counter the skin thinning side effects from Hydocortisone.

Personally Finetseride is your main bullet to saving hair, as mentioned before finesteride is a DHT inhibitor whilst the rest are Anti Angrogen/Growth.

Being a lot older (30s) I don't consider myself a responder given how much my hair recessed on dutasteride and loss is rather aggressive (losing hair 13+ years). I'm just not sure if I should start on 30% cream with all additives or the 12.5% cream. I'd like to gain ground faster/sooner and the higher percentage seems like if minoxidil will do anything it probably will. K9 mentioned he's older as well and I believe 30% was a game changer for him. I think my situation would be closer to his probably.

I'm considering getting the S5 Cream Plus because of the tempol. It may be an aggressive way to attack this. Also includes alfatradiol and spiro.
    Hey do not waste your money on S5 cream unless you have responded to Finetseride or Dutasteride. Please do not fall for these mixtures to be a cure unless you respond to Fiensteride or Dutasteride!

Tell me more what have you used from the start and what's failing to work, as the best option besides Finesteride and Dutasteride are RU58841 or CB-03-01.

Topical is a better option as your correct you by pass most the organs. That does not mean it fails to reach the blood stream!

I had to use topical at the start as i had side effects taking it orally. Now I can use both fine oral or topical. I used 0.025% topically every 3rd to build my tolerance at the beginning until my body built tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    Hey just to add even topical finesteride will absorb into your blood stream, just less side effect compared to oral use. Tretinoin AKA retinoids will not eat your skin away, they just remove a thin layer. The percentage used won't cause long term side effects, I have been using it since Dr Klein days, over 3 years now. The good part about using tretinoin it helps counter the skin thinning side effects from Hydocortisone.

Personally Finetseride is your main bullet to saving hair, as mentioned before finesteride is a DHT inhibitor whilst the rest are Anti Angrogen/Growth.
    I know Finesteride is the best defense from hair loss but do you think the topical will help work as well? I was told since I am 27 to start with 0.025% topical Finesteride. I have been off Propecia now for 6 weeks with no hair loss yet but I am getting concerned. Do you think I should use any of these products instead or both the minoxidil and topical Finesteride? I also was told to take Propecia in micro doses. HELP! I need advice on what to do or take. Thanks!
    Here are the ingredients from the wellness center. I was thinking starting with topical finesteride with no additives or a few of these ingredients like Minoxidil 5%, Azelaic Acid, Tretinoin and maybe the progesterone. I appreciate any help on where to start to keep my hair I have from Propecia using of the last 18 months.

Minoxidil 5% - 30%
    Tretinoin (RA) 0.025%
    Azelaic Acid 5%
    Progesterone 0.25%
    Finasteride 0.1%
    Hydrocortisone 0.1%
    Vitamin E 0.1%
    DMI

Jazz1,

Hope you don't mind another question but when you were using topical Finasteride was that the only treatment you were using? And did it stop your hair loss? If the topical stops side effects then how can it cause hormone levels to be the same as oral? I also saw a You Tube video they said to start with 0.05% topical Finasterdie.

Hey guys will reply later after work.