+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1210

Quote Originally Posted by sleeme View Post
    Hi Jazz1,
    How long have you been using all these ingredients. I am 27 and just stopped propecia a month ago. I had good results but needed to stop for for blood work and now I don't really want to take it everyday for years and years. I hope you don't mind me asking but at what age did you notice hair loss? I am looking for a good topical but I am concerned that 15% minoxidil is too high of amount to start with. And my doctor said Progesterone will feminize me so now I am concerned about the progesterone. Did you notice that the topical stopped hair loss or do you use any oral medications for hair loss. I wonder if the Finesteride with low dose minoxidil would be good. OR low dose minoxidil with azelaic acid and tretinoin. If you can let me know your thoughts.
    Thanks!
    Hey firstly did your doctor recommend you stop finesteride? were you experiencing any side effects?, finesteride is way more strong than progesterone in regards to gyno/feminize effects. Long term use is fine, the guys who normally have an issue with side effects like me are the ones who need to build tolerance to the drug. Initially when i first took 1mg finesteride i had major libido loss for one month. a few tips via internet alongside less panic, i was able to restart me erectile issues. I had to use topical 0.025% every 3rd day, this worked a treat until my body built tolerance. Today i use 1mg totally fine without any issues, so my advice i would always recommend finesteride if you have no issues, as this is the current first protocol in regards to hairloss. Dr Klein always told me himself before he passed away that spiro/progesterone are very weak topically compared to finesteride. Obviously they are 2 different type of chemical structures, hence why the combination works a treat. One is a DHT inhibitor, whilst the others are ANTI-ANDROGEN/GROWTH/.

I would agree, starting with 5% is always the first protocol, as you want your body to build tolerance with minoxidil, 15% is way strong. Although i have known a lot of people who have used 15% without any issues, i initially had few sides when i went from 5% to 15%, nothing major few headaches etc.

So if you add all additives to minoxidil how does the price change? Is there any reason the 30% minoxidil is actually being absorbed moreso than the 15%? I saw online testimonials claiming the 30% to be superior and thus faster acting with an improvement over 15%. My concern at 30% is what are the adverse effects such as on your heart? I personally recall old discussions claiming the difference ought to be negligible, I believe due to the assumption 30% wouldn't absorb sufficiently. I am thinking of placing an order but unsure as to the strength and which additives to add if not all. Progesterone from what I recall had a sweet spot close to 2%, too little or too much more being less effective.

What about starting at 30% to jump start things and tapering down to 15% the following month and then soon after sticking at 5% for maintenance? Or would you reduce hair yield by reducing the dosage?

Quote Originally Posted by bornthisway View Post
    So if you add all additives to minoxidil how does the price change? Is there any reason the 30% minoxidil is actually being absorbed moreso than the 15%? I saw online testimonials claiming the 30% to be superior and thus faster acting with an improvement over 15%. My concern at 30% is what are the adverse effects such as on your heart? I personally recall old discussions claiming the difference ought to be negligible, I believe due to the assumption 30% wouldn't absorb sufficiently. I am thinking of placing an order but unsure as to the strength and which additives to add if not all. Progesterone from what I recall had a sweet spot close to 2%, too little or too much more being less effective.

It does lower my blood pressure if I use more than the prescribed amount, which I do a lot. The prescribed amount is a gram, or pea sized amount over the bald area, once daily.

Sometimes I use it twice.

One time I used ten grams at once, and my ankle swelled up. The prescribed amount is one gram. It's a cream, you have to
    eye ball it. But the script says "pea sized amount" which ~ one gram.

You will still have to supplement with regular, if you want the "temporary" effects of Minoxidil, which can last up to years.

Minoxidil has to hit the scalp for it to work. And it can't really be done with less volume.

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    It does lower my blood pressure if I use more than the prescribed amount, which I do a lot. The prescribed amount is a gram, or pea sized amount over the bald area, once daily.

Sometimes I use it twice.

One time I used ten grams at once, and my ankle swelled up. The prescribed amount is one gram. It's a cream, you have to
    eye ball it. But the script says "pea sized amount" which ~ one gram.

You will still have to supplement with regular, if you want the "temporary" effects of Minoxidil, which can last up to years.

Minoxidil has to hit the scalp for it to work. And it can't really be done with less volume.
    Based on the prescription instructions I guess the pea sized amount is meant to be sufficient for the entire scalp? Have you tried using a pea sized amount and rubbing it in your crown area and spreading it out as much as you can and seeing if it was just as effective? What concentration are you using, if 30% do you notice a difference from where you used 15%? I remember old posts claiming liquid were superior to cream but I don't really remember and specifics or know how valid that is. I know for the liquid they wanted it touching all parts of the scalp ideally... That's not feasible with cream it seems given the small quantity you are allowed to use, but maybe you don't have to based on how well it's absorbed?

I sort of get what you're saying.. the pea sized amount isn't enough to address all balding areas so you supplement with 5%. I guess you want the pea sized on the hardest hit area then.

you have a choice of using liquid or cream. i know that from 5-15 percent you can choose liquid or cream. in liquid 6 pumps is 1ml.

Quote Originally Posted by bornthisway View Post
    I sort of get what you're saying.. the pea sized amount isn't enough to address all balding areas so you supplement with 5%. I guess you want the pea sized on the hardest hit area then.

Exactly. You want it on the baldest areas.

The Finasteride didn't keep my hair in. The Progesterone does.

I've only used this single topical application for a year (with 30%).

It will be interesting to see how long the Minoxidil will keep
    my hair in.

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    Exactly. You want it on the baldest areas.

The Finasteride didn't keep my hair in. The Progesterone does.

I've only used this single topical application for a year (with 30%).

It will be interesting to see how long the Minoxidil will keep
    my hair in.
    How has your hair changed with the 30% pea sized? Do you all think the cream is just as effective carrier? I think creams are easier to apply generally and less messy (no run off). I have only used up to 5% before and my hair is thin. I'm wondering since I've lost a lot of ground if I really should start at 12.5% or 30%. With using a pea sized amount of cream are the sides still just as likely (I'd guess sides are dependent on how well it's absorbed)? What's the cost for 12 5%? Given every additive has a proven track record, it seems like a good idea to include each as you'd target hair loss from a lot of angles. I'd guess the ingredients are complimentary and synergistic since they can be combined.

the lotion is not very runny it is like baby lotion in texture. when jazz first helped me i started with 7.5% and my hair grew like crazy. im ging back to 7.5% with progesterone and azelaic acid. fin gives me sides i dont need retin-a as i use it every evening. k9 and jazz have been using susan for a long time so they are best to advise.

She is ill at the moment and back on tuesday so give her a call and ask for her advise.