+ Reply to Thread

Default Hi Everybody. Noob just started on Fin and Minox, considering HT.

Hi everybody. I'm pretty active, have 3 kids 7 and under, a dog and a mortgage. Living the american dream. Doing pretty well in my career so I'm finally relaxed enough to start thinking about hair treatments. Wife has nudged me to think about a HT, so I figured I should first start on fin and minox, which I've been using daily for 10 days (keeping fingers crossed).

No I'm thinking about a HT. I'm 35. My hairloss has slowed but not stopped (pre med, lets hoped it stops now). I'm concerned the HT will leave with a noticeable scar, or prevent me from exercising and playing sports (mainly soccer and tennis) they way I like. I'm also a little scared of kiddos climbing on while stuff is healing, because I know they will, because the did when I had my ACL fixed 4 years ago.

Any experience with recovery times? Also what's everyone's experience with recovery times? I live in Oregon, so I'm considering the Gable clinic up by Portland. Shoot I wait to see how well I respond to fin and minox before trying the HT?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0954_1.jpg

Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	34351  

Default Considering transplants

Quote Originally Posted by awesome0 View Post
    Hi everybody. I'm pretty active, have 3 kids 7 and under, a dog and a mortgage. Living the american dream. Doing pretty well in my career so I'm finally relaxed enough to start thinking about hair treatments. Wife has nudged me to think about a HT, so I figured I should first start on fin and minox, which I've been using daily for 10 days (keeping fingers crossed).

No I'm thinking about a HT. I'm 35. My hairloss has slowed but not stopped (pre med, lets hoped it stops now). I'm concerned the HT will leave with a noticeable scar, or prevent me from exercising and playing sports (mainly soccer and tennis) they way I like. I'm also a little scared of kiddos climbing on while stuff is healing, because I know they will, because the did when I had my ACL fixed 4 years ago.

Any experience with recovery times? Also what's everyone's experience with recovery times? I live in Oregon, so I'm considering the Gable clinic up by Portland. Shoot I wait to see how well I respond to fin and minox before trying the HT?
    Good evening. I myself have had 2 HT (strip). The recovery time for me was around 7 days as far as physical activities where concerned. For strip surgery you will have a running suture which will leave a linear scar once fully healed and sutured will be removed, if I remember correctly about 10-12 days. If you start working out too early you make the scar wider with tension. So take it easy the first week or so. And you definitely don't want the kiddos jumping on you for a few days. The grafts are delicate until they are settled in can be easily pulled out. If you don't ever plan on getting short cropped hair cut the linear scar isn't an issue.

I would definitely wait since you just started finasteride & minoxidil. A few months at least. Keep up with those follow ups to track your results.

Or you don't like the idea of a linear scar there is the FUE which the follicles are harvested one by one. But you would have to shave the back of your head and a funny looking hair cut & it will be a "Tech" who's skill level may or may not be up to par! Both HT Procedures had pros and cons.