+ Reply to Thread

Default Shedding, Shedding, Shedding, 22 yo

Hello Everyone, My name is Sylvain, I'm from France and I'm 22.

Everything started one year ago, when I lost a very important person of my family, It has been a nightmare and a real shock !

3 months later, I started to see " hole " in my hairline, I didn't have any shedding, but things got really fast, and in only a week or two, I had some " holes " which made my hairline uneven, I'm not talking about recession from temples or anything, It was just like you took a razor and cut some hair in the middle of my hairline . Then it stops and everything stay as it was for 3 months with normal thick hair growing back in these areas .

Then I decided to check the dermatologist to ask her some questions, she told me it was due to the emotional shock and gave me a Minoxidil treatment .

The main problem is, I've begun the treatment and instantly began to shed heavily, from everywhere on my head, 3 months later, as the dermatologist told me, I stopped the 3 months treatment ( it was obviously way too short ), everything was fine even though I had lost a lot of hairs ...

Then 5 months after quitting minoxidil, I started to shed again really heavily, it's been 3 months now and the shedding continue .. I don't know what to do, Back then I didn't know about minoxidil etc.. But I've been looking on this forum for a while and I know a lot more now about all the available treatments .

The main problem is that before I started the minoxidil treatment, my hairs were fine and I was losing maybe 20-30 hairs a day ! Now it's out of control and I don't know if I have to wait for the end of this shedding, or if this is never going to stop ..

My father and all of his brothers all have a head full of hair, My father is 60 and is a NW0 with a density that a teenagers would dream of ! His fathers died maybe a NW1 with head full of hair .

On my mothers side, my grandpa start losing his hairs at age 50, and my uncle at age 40 and never took any treatment so they lost a lot, but during decades, So I know there are high possibilities I have inherited from my mother's side ..

How many times should I wait before jumping on finasteride ? can the post minoxidil shedding last more than 3 or 4 months ?

I'm not going to take minoxidil again since it was itching like hell, and brung dandruff I neved had before . But even if it doesn't make my life a nightmare, I'm not going to let all my hair disappear !

You can't imagine how much I regret taking minoxidil ...

After looking a lot on this forum, I am now a member of it ! And I know you guys are really great people ! And I hope some of you will be able to help me .

Thank you very much for reading

I also can't take minoxidil anymore because I have tachycardia, and minoxidil makes my heart speed up a little bit when it's already at high rate ...