+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Hi

Gethair supplied me the doctor had no clue who he was. My first two ops were in the uk.
    As iahrs
    http://www.iahrs.org/member/
    This is the website and he is not on it.
    I have paid deposit
    But with such a life changing op I want no dealts.
    Which I have at present.
    So I'm not sure what to do
    Dr reddy in London is who I'm looking at now. But I still have time

Quote Originally Posted by Makepeace View Post
    Gethair supplied me the doctor had no clue who he was. My first two ops were in the uk.
    As iahrs
    http://www.iahrs.org/member/
    This is the website and he is not on it.
    I have paid deposit
    But with such a life changing op I want no dealts.
    Which I have at present.
    So I'm not sure what to do
    Dr reddy in London is who I'm looking at now. But I still have time
    Hi if you go on to his own website you will see he advertises 5 qualifications one of these shows IAHRS Certificate.
    Sorry what do you mean by I want no dealts

He is ishrs not iahrs. Sorry with dealts meant not 100% sure. But also I cannot find nothing bad. And I have looked it is just down to the iahrs that he is not a member of. But there are surgeons in turkey on the list

Quote Originally Posted by Makepeace View Post
    He is ishrs not iahrs. Sorry with dealts meant not 100% sure. But also I cannot find nothing bad. And I have looked it is just down to the iahrs that he is not a member of. But there are surgeons in turkey on the list
    Ok thanks, it is all a bit confusing and the not knowing if you are doing the right thing. When will you decide which surgeon to go with. If I can ask you mentioned two ops in London .. who were they with ? and what was the problem afterwards? What will you be having done this time.

Yes I had two operations not in London but with the hospital group. Near me in England. I had fut first time at 33 years old then again at 36 years old and now I'm going for fue at 38 to finish off. There was no problems except the scar which you won't get with fue. That took two years to fade properly both times, so I could cut my hair short on the back. And about 8 months for the hair to grow fully. Fue is far better. If I was you and it's your first time use one off that list. The surgeon might be good but I'm not 100% sure so I have just messaged gethair with my concerns. I'll let you know what they say

Thanks Makepeace, I welcome your update

Default My message and reply

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your email.

I understand your concerns and hearing you. Internet is helpful, though, it delivers information which doesn't tell the whole story or wrong, from time to time.

In my email, I will not try to convince you but will write you the facts and the truth behind, and you will decide.

IAHRS is yet another organisation for hair transplant surgeons around the world, just like ISHRS, ASHRS, ESHRS and ABHRS.
    All these organisations accept surgeons by taking them through several exams and assessing their results. All of them are internationally recognised and respected.

Although I find Joe Tillman's researches and comments on forum very useful, I'm being disappointed by the words "I didn't hear good things about that surgeon". Because this also means " I haven't seen anything with my eyes nor met with him, but I'm in relying on someone's words which I cannot actually show any evidence of". Many surgeons spend their years on becoming a good one, including Dr. Tayfun who performs since 1996, and their results are appreciated by becoming valuable members of these organisations.

I believe you would agree with me that not all surgeons have to become members of all organisations in world.
    I understand Joe Tillman is recommending IAHRS surgeons, as he is in partnership with two of them from Turkey. You can understand this by reading his comments on forum.
    Those two surgeons were also members of ISHRS previously, but they had been expelled because they were not joining the extraction part. Therefore they "had" to shift into another organisation. For instance, this is one of the major reasons why Dr. Karadeniz (Joe TIllman represents) is not on Hair Restoration forum anymore. He had to leave.

Not all good surgeons have to be on forums either. For instance, we do not participate because forum owners are asking for a lot of money to recommend us and we chose other ways to represent ourselves. For instance, we are the only clinic from Turkey which has an office in UK. And the only clinic with 100% independent reviews on a 3rd party website, whereas on forums, you cannot even comment under a hair transplant case, presented by a surgeon, without their approval. So what happened to transparency?

The famous American Hair surgeon Dr. Lindsey is a member of both and summarises them as follows;

"Both are excellent organizations but serve different functions. The ISHRS, which I joined years ago, does many things including offering educational and research meetings for doctors and their staff's interested in Hair work. I got a grant from them last year to study vascularization of hair grafts.

IAHRS on the other hand is more focused to consumers allowing a forum for educating the patient population of options and allowing doctors to present cases for review. Additionally, doctors can present representative cases for review by the IAHRS staff, and along with letters of recommendation and actual patient interviews by the IAHRS, selected doctors can become recognised for providing quality care."

I hope I could be helpful, and please do not hesitate to ask if you have more questions.

Kind regards,

-

A. Kaan SAKAR
    Country Manager UK

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 12:40 PM,

Hi I'm just writing about my upcoming operation. I looked into the site the bald truth which you sent me a video link. And now it has gave me some concerns. As they all mention to make sure your surgeon is iahrs registered which my surgeon is not
    (Tayfun Oguzoglu)
    I asked questions and heard from a doctor in Canada representative joe Tillman leading to believe not to go through with the op. As he had heard not such good things about the surgeon and only use iahrs surgeons.
    So now I'm not sure what to do

I'm in touch with gethair since more than a year and had been where you are now. I still couldn't go ahead with it tho as priorities changed, etc.
    A close friend also chose them and I remember him saying they exactly do what they promise and he is still very pleased with the outcome.

I side with the person you spoke with though, as not all surgeons have to be on iahrs, specially if money is involved. This forum supports only iahrs members if you realised.
    I found this thread and thought it would give you some idea:
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/threads...-of-the-forums

I had met with gethair representative at their office twice and couldn't find another clinic which has so.

It's a known fact that Joe is affiliated with some doctors, no secret, it's written on his signature even.

I was recently made aware of this thread and feel the need to set the record straight.

Although I find Joe Tillman's researches and comments on forum very useful, I'm being disappointed by the words "I didn't hear good things about that surgeon". Because this also means " I haven't seen anything with my eyes nor met with him, but I'm in relying on someone's words which I cannot actually show any evidence of". Many surgeons spend their years on becoming a good one, including Dr. Tayfun who performs since 1996, and their results are appreciated by becoming valuable members of these organisations.
    I don't know who started this but my position regarding Dr.Tayfun is that I do not have a position regarding Dr. Tayfun. I do not recall "hearing" anything good OR bad. Maybe there have been some comments somewhere online? Who knows but one thing I do know is that he is not an accepted member of the IAHRS. Does this mean he's bad? Of course not and the IAHRS is not the ONLY requirement that a patient should have for the doctors they consider. The IAHRS is however a great starting point for patients to start their research.

I understand Joe Tillman is recommending IAHRS surgeons, as he is in partnership with two of them from Turkey. You can understand this by reading his comments on forum.
    I represent no one except myself. I work with doctors that happen to be IAHRS members. I have never been in partnership with two doctors in Turkey. I have only ever worked with one, Dr. Emre Karadeniz.

Those two surgeons were also members of ISHRS previously, but they had been expelled because they were not joining the extraction part.
    This is a lie. If one were to visit the ISHRS website they would see that Dr. Karadeniz is not only still a member of the ISHRS he is one of the organizers of the upcoming ISHRS FUE workshop in Istanbul on April 1,2,3.

You can see his listing here...

http://www.ishrs.org/physician-searc...ures_value=All

And the ISHRS workshop information is here where you can see Dr. K as a faculty member.

http://ishrsfueworkshopistanbul2016.com/#speakers

Furthermore, if one were to look at the entire list of doctors in Turkey that are members of the ISHRS almost all of them do not take part in FUE extraction as the representative of Gethair.com stipulates as being why Dr. Karadeniz was "expelled" from the ISHRS. This is all a complete fabrication.

For instance, this is one of the major reasons why Dr. Karadeniz (Joe TIllman represents) is not on Hair Restoration forum anymore. He had to leave.
    Another fabrication. Dr. Karadeniz left a particular forum because he wanted to distance himself from certain actions and policies that were being force upon him, doctor extraction not being one of them as Dr. Karadeniz is one of the ONLY doctors in the entire country of Turkey that DOES perform all of the FUE extractions himself. So there are two lies in that statement. Dr. Karadeniz was not removed and he does do all FUE extraction himself. The proof is online showing his voluntary leave and if it is no longer online then I have screenshots of the announcement.

Dr. Lindsey's quote is absolutely correct. The ISHRS serves to educate doctors. The IAHRS serves to educate consumers. The ISHRS has no real barrier to acceptance as it serves to educate and share information among doctors. The IAHRS does in fact have barriers to entry as it serves to not only educate consumers but PROTECT them as well by arming them with information (as I do) and by screening doctors that have a baseline of ethics and performance.

I'd like for the representative of Gethair to stop misrepresenting me and and Dr. Karadeniz. In the end, it doesn't really affect me personally but it is misleading patients if he has continued to spread such misinformation.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

hi all, sad to hear you are not satisfied with the operation, but i do want to see your current sutuation as i am planinng to go with Tayfun Oguzoglu in december , looking forward to hear you