+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help Please!

Question Help Please!

Ok, so first of all I am 20 years old and having major issues with my usally very thick and vibrant hairt. . Ever since I was a little girl always had people telling me that my hair is super thick and very nice, but just recently in like the past month I have noticed my is falling out. Not in a real alarming rate but fast enought to where I am getting concered now. I have been under a little stress here latley but not enought that I think would cause this. I am a a good eater and drink plenty of water. I take very good care of my hair, very good care. I am just so scared and worried I am going to loose all my hair. I am only 20 years old and worrieda bout loosing my hair. I have noticed my ponytails are alot smaller and my part is not looking right. I am noticing some hair regrowth but not alot. I need some help or advice on what could be going on. Thank you very much!

Hello there, hkc21907. As you already mentioned, stress can definitely affect your entire body as well as your hair. First off, I would recommend a work up from your physician including some lab work. You may be dealing with hormonal issues and a thyroid imbalance. Oftentimes, medication can rectify the situation. Continue with your balanced meals, adequate fluids, a multi-vitamin, a good night's sleep and exercise. These all help to keep your body healthy, and in balance.

There are cosmetic tricks you can use in the meantime. Products such as Toppik and Sure Thick help to disguise the thinness on the scalp and help to boost your self-confidence. Of course, this is merely a temporary fix, but can help to alleviate some of the stress you are dealing with. Good luck. I would start with your physician first.

B Stilwell, RN
    nurse for Dr. Mark Baxa
    pilc.com