Threaded View

Unhappy Should I move forward, Am I unrealistic about my results. Are they normal

Hello all,
    Let me begin by saying that I am extremely grateful that this forum exists. Ill try to make this short but include pertiennt details. So I started balding at about 25 years old, which was a diffuse pattern. Im not super comfortable with the norwood scaling but I will say that I had a much thicker peninsula in the very front, and then thinning hair around it. I started taking propecia at 29 years old, and also using 5% minoxidi which seemed pretty effective in slowing, and even regrowing some hair. I felt as though I was just on the "edge" of having basically a pretty normal head of hair with those treatments, or at least acceptable enough when I shaved it. I had a nice shaped head and shaved my head pretty close for years to minimize the appearance and I felt that I looked pretty good, I had a benign tumor in the back of my head as a 15 year old and so had a large scar int he back that always made me a bit self conscious , but aside from that I looked pretty good with a shaved head. I still felt as though I missed my hair, and looked too bald and my Gf was always trying to get me to grow it out. In the end I buckled and tried growing my hair back out but it looked pretty ridiculous. Much thicker on the sides and I pretty much had to do a "comb forward", and use topik to cover things up. Long story short in my second year of residency I began researching hair transplant options. I was 33 at the time.
    I ended up going with a cheaper, newer place where I was able to get a very cheap price and getting FUT with 1600 grafts taken from the back and placed in the front. I have always had a high hair line and a widows peak, and for some reason the transplant person lowered my hair line about a centimeter lower than it was before I lost my hair, and also eliminated my widows peak. In addition I feel that I experienced a lot of "pock mark" type of scarring in the front where the hairs were placed. I was also very concerned that I was experiencing libido problems with the propecia and so stopped for about 6 monhts and then started to notice that my baldness was progressing. I have since restarted the propecia and minoxidil, but I feel like at this point I have to do a terrible comb forward in order to just cover the scarring and transplanted hairs in the front, and that I am thinning enough that the whole thing just looks ridiculous. I Had the procedure done in January of 2013. My current GF calls it the "3 stooges look". I honestly am extremely uncomfortable with it, and think it looks much worse than before I even had the transplant. I cant shave my head now because I now have 2 scars int he back of my head, one from my eosinophilic granuloma (cancer) and the other from the FUT. The FUT was done with the "trichophytic closure technique" but if I were to shave it down it would be completely obvious. also the pock scarring in the front is very noticeable in any amount of light. I am almost more self conscious about the pock scarring in the front than anyting else. I had also stopped the minoxidil because it was causing a lot of breakout on my scalp but started that and the propecia back about 3.5 months ago and feel like I experienced a moderate amount of shedding over the summer because of this.

So now on to my questions. I am going to post pictures but my questions are;
    1) is the pock scarring normal?
    2) is there any way that the pock scarring can be corrected or minimized?
    3) should I proceed with another transplant procedure or will another procedure be feasible to increase density?
    4) is it possible to get a FUE transplant to just correct the FUT scar, (assuming pock scarring can be corrected) so that I can just go back to shaving my head?

I feel like my hair line was lowered enough, and was not made thick enough, and so the results is a very unnatural whispy frontal hairline that I cannot cover withouth a terrible comb forward.

Please any advice is greatly appreciated as I seriously have developed a phobia of going out without a hat, feel like my relationship is falling apart due to my depression and anxiety surrounding this, and am too uncomfortable to really do anything without a hat.....