+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default ruxolitinib and/or tofacitinib?

Does anyone have any comments or thoughts regarding ruxolitinib and/or tofacitinib as a potential medicinal treatment for male pattern hair loss?

There was an announcement today about both drugs [1]. Please discuss.

1. http://time.com/3136230/alopecia-dru...0Top%20Stories)

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    Does anyone have any comments or thoughts regarding ruxolitinib and/or tofacitinib as a potential medicinal treatment for male pattern hair loss?

There was an announcement today about both drugs [1]. Please discuss.

1. http://time.com/3136230/alopecia-dru...0Top%20Stories)
    it's being discussed on other forums, too.

i think it will not help for MPB because the cause of hairloss is simply totally different in AA. (although nobody knows exactly).
    but i'm also curios if it could have some minor positive effect for MPB too.
    the drug is also FDA approved already, so the question is, how to get the drug and what side effects it can cause. if a use of 5 months or so doesn't cause serious side effects then i'm sure some of us would be willing to try it. but there's no doctor which would prescribe it off-label, i guess.

however, for AA sufferers this could be indeed a breakthrough. i'm feeling happy for those people.

I think alopecia areata is officially cured now. it would be a disappointment if someone with alopecia areata is treated to find that he MPB.

Quote Originally Posted by hgs1989 View Post
    I think alopecia areata is officially cured now. it would be a disappointment if someone with alopecia areata is treated to find that he MPB.
    How about a cure for the people that make up 99% of the ****ing bald community?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    molecular biology holds the answer to this. I don't wanna deviate from the subject,but I am tempted. we know almost every piece of the puzzle on a molecular level of how dht makes your hair fall.it is a matter of when will biologists be comfortable with these chemicals. and for completely bald people, I also believe that all they need is a signal to tell their stem cells to start making follicles.

angela christiano patented this stuff for hair loss. androgentic alopecia is included in the patent. I wonder if this inclusion just to cover a possibility of effectiveness or she actually thinks it works for MPB, given that inflamation is somehow involved in MPB.
    http://www.google.com/patents/WO2013149194A1?cl=en

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Its amazing how you can turn good news to something negative. Let us at least be happy for all that suffers from AA.

(The SNL clip is very funny, but as the designer you are, do you really think it works good as an Avatar? I find it extremaly annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Its amazing how you can turn good news to something negative. Let us at least be happy for all that suffers from AA.

(The SNL clip is very funny, but as the designer you are, do you really think it works good as an Avatar? I find it extremaly annoying
    It's shitty news for us because while a small minority get a (much needed) break, the rest of us, in vastly larger numbers, STILL get overlooked. What life has taught me is that no matter how much great shit happens for others, people in general still don't give a damn about you (or me). So while I recognize their needs for treatment, it still doesn't help the fact that researchers, doctors and society as a whole have done shit all for us except for demonizing our condition to the point where it's become socially ACCEPTED to mock us for it.

So... am I happy? No, I'm still screwed. You won't see a smile on my face when I see this effing curse be wiped off the planet for myself and all other bald men that deserve MUCH BETTER.