+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Things dont happen to you physically that simply because you think it unless your talking more abstract vague problems like depression. If your heart is beating differently than normal its because there is some problem physically. Your brain doesnt voluntarily tell your heart to beat each second.
    Fin can cause sides some known and some less known I mean its an internal drug what would you expect to happen? A small amount of cases sure but its silly to say people imagine it all the time. Obvious physical problems are hard to mix up with imagination
    It won't necessarily just because you think it, but thinking about it can make you stressed/anxious which are known ways that cause the skipped beats. Through some mechanism (like releasing stress hormones or sending nerve impulses) it can irritate the sinus node (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinoatrial_node) which can cause the irregular heartbeat. And I know I wasn't just imagining anything because it showed up on a holter monitor.

Sexual stimulation I believe is even more tied to the brain. Thinking about sex causes erections, so why can't the brain do the reverse in certain situations? That being said, the drug may cause some changes in brain chemistry.

How have you guys managed to mentally overcome the side effects I started to get them after three years but this almost coincided with hearing more about side effects having not really looked into it before cus I never got them! I stopped taking fin for 3 months because of it but I'm back on it now because I lost lots in just those three months n sides seem to be back just 4 days in

This is the reason why you have to believe the scientific studies and not posts on the internet, even if those posts are made in all honesty and in good faith.

The only way to know if a drug gives you side effects is to have a randomly assigned placebo controlled experimental study.

You take a bunch of people and you put them into 2 groups, the experimental group and the control group.

You give one of these groups the drug and the other a placebo. NOBODY KNOWS IF THEY GOT THE REAL DRUG OR THE FAKE DRUG.

Then at the end of the study you see the incidence of side effects in the placebo group and the control group.

If there are really side effects, they should occur in the group that really got the really drug. And they should occur in a greater amount than they occur in the placebo group.

So if you get, say, 5% in both groups, then the evidence suggests that there really are no side effects since the folks with the fake pill got as many side effects as the folks with the real pill.

If the folks with the real pill get 7% side effects and the folks with the fake pill get 5% side effects, then the evidence suggests that 2% of folks will get side effects (since 5% of these side effects can be understood to be all in the head since the people with the fake pill got them too).

You have to repeat this study several times to be confident that you are getting the true results.

With the finasteride studies, about 2% has been the number that has consistently come up over studies.

That means 98% of the people are ok.

This is the best evidence we have, the best information we have. So it is what I will go with.

If you choose to go with other information, that is ok. That is your choice. But that is akin to going to like a faith healer type alternative medicine doctor rather than a real scientific doctor.

That is your choice. What information will guide your decision making, science and reason or just internet postings and crazy emotions.

Of course, this is a boring way to make decisions. Its not all emotional and dramatic and all going on the internet and doing your thing. It is just science and reason. But it's the best information we've got.

It's your choice.

I took fin for 2 weeks. .25mg eod. I can say with absolute certainty it crushed my libido. Big time. And nothing was in my head or psychosomatic.

It took about 3 weeks to feel fully back to my horn dog self again.

If you don't get sides that's amazing. Sucks that I do. But I'm def going nowhere near this stuff again. Sorry Spencer and spex...but this time you guys are wrong.

Wrong about what? I don't think I ever heard Spencer say fin sides didn't exist.

Yeah. Maybe he didn't. I don't remember. I thought they did. But maybe it was the permanence they were talking about.

I wish I could take fin. I have nothing against it. Just can't use it.