+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default topicals delivery enhancers (iontophoresis, galvanic current devices)

the CB study used a method called iontophoresis to enhance the penetration of CB into the skin. the results were good which means that the large molecule did penetrate the scalp skin. now this method is widely studied to enhance topical delivery of cosmetics into the skin, however when I look for devices to do the job they only mention face and other body parts with no mention of hair. I want to try such devices to deliver topicals with really large molecules(particularly growth factors) to the scalp and enhance minoxidil delivery. do you guys recommend it ? have anybody used with a specific topical? please feel free to discuss and provide data. or if you know if any other skin delivery mechanism you can mention it here.
    here is an example of a device I found on amazon :
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A26VU6LUOVGBV6

It should defintitely help absorption with minox or any other topicals for that matter. But I'm just wondering if these handheld devices are as effective as the ones that cost thousands of dollars. Maybe someone with engineering expertise can chime in. I'm guessing it should work just as well though. The iontophoresis technology seems simple enough to produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Allowme View Post
    It should defintitely help absorption with minox or any other topicals for that matter. But I'm just wondering if these handheld devices are as effective as the ones that cost thousands of dollars. Maybe someone with engineering expertise can chime in. I'm guessing it should work just as well though. The iontophoresis technology seems simple enough to produce.
    searching on amazon galvanic machine, the most expensive one is close to 200$. they are not expensive. the portable ones can have up to 0.3 milli ampere. I have read on studies that 0.1 milli ampere is good for topical delivery. I am wondering if the device is safe for hair.

For the love of god will one of the people blasting away money on CB please get an iso machine? I can't for the life of me figure out how the large group of people testing CB have wasted an entire year "looking for a vehicle" instead of just getting one of these machines. I personally don't have money or time to spend on testing chemicals on my head, but for the people who are making that leap--- COPY THE FINDINGS... PLEASE.... you could have amazing results in 30 days (according to the study)...

Even the more expensive iso machines are only a couple hundred bucks. I know for a fact money isn't a issue for quite a few of the CB users.

Come on guys!

I did quick search for it, but couldn't find any reported side effects of hair loss induced from using iontophoresis device. Granted, it hadn't traditionally been used on the scalp, but if it was adverse to hair folicles, there would have been reported cases of body hair loss. No one can say for sure, as there just doesn't seem to be any study looking at this. But I will be sure to purchase one of these and tryout myself. Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know cheap devices for these existed.

Cosmo did NOT use iontophoresis. They used Hydroelectrophoresis.

A thread on this can be found here:

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...-device-for-CB

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Cosmo did NOT use iontophoresis. They used Hydroelectrophoresis.

A thread on this can be found here:

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...-device-for-CB
    electrophoresis is another technology. they all fall under no needle mesotherapy. I have considered electrophoresis but it seems to be more invasive than galvanic current. electro.... opens the skin pores. any how it would be interesting if more info can be found. ebay have such devices. I have found lots of products or no needle meso. we can obtain histogen's reginica which is similar to HSC and apply it on our scalps.

I'm currently trying to save up for a device, I'm pretty good friends with a veterinarian, and he said that he could get me a hydro4vet device that is very similar to what Cosmo used. It's not exactly cheap though, especially when you haven't even graduated high school. The vet uses one to administer medications to animals with skin diseases.

I bought this Galvanic machine. Now I'm waiting for the CB to use it. I will share my results.

http://www.amazon.com/Project-Beauty...J33D9N167BSDYJ

This is the same Galvanic technology Cosmos used so I see no reason why it shouldn't work. Yes Hydro4 is slightly different then Iontophoresis but at the end of the day its still Galvanic technology.

I read some study (didnt save link) where a Galvanic device was used with Minox and they observed 8x increase in the drug hitting the hair.