+ Reply to Thread

Default Stealth Hair Transplant

Just wondering how feasible a 'stealth hair transplant is'??

Has anybody ever had one and managed to get it done under the radar? I'd say I'm a Norwood 2/3 and thinning but I would only want a subtle touch up.

How long would you need to take off work for example? Would you need to shave off your hair if you wanted to have an FUE?

I just wonder how plausible it is to get a hair transplant without having to tell the world. :-/

Cheers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gingerlocks View Post
    Just wondering how feasible a 'stealth hair transplant is'??

Has anybody ever had one and managed to get it done under the radar? I'd say I'm a Norwood 2/3 and thinning but I would only want a subtle touch up.

How long would you need to take off work for example? Would you need to shave off your hair if you wanted to have an FUE?

I just wonder how plausible it is to get a hair transplant without having to tell the world. :-/

Cheers :-)
    I was wondering how long one needs to take off from work and also im kind of embarassed showing up with a full head of hair lol

I asked a similar question before my HT. You can search my previuos posts for responses or my pictures if you would like.

I am not sure if you could get away with it doing FUE and it be unnoticeable. I have heard there are some Doc's who do not need to shave the donor area with FUE, but I think most do.

I recently had a HT with FUT and went back to work after 10 days. I did not know what I would look like and decided that I would cross that bridge when it came and I would even tell people about the HT if push came to shove, since I had decided to take the plunge and was not turning back. I think every case is different. I have heard of people who have been very red in the recipient area for weeks and some that heal quickly. I was very lucky and most of my scabs were gone as well as the redness when I went back to work.

To answer Doutee's question. You do not have a full head of hair after a transplant. In my case I had and still have what looks like very short hairs up top (almost 3 weeks now). It sort of looks like stubble or an uneven haircut.

In my case anyway I have not seen anyone really staring or paying me anymore attention than before, so I don't think anyone really knows, but I do think you need to be prepared for how you would handle it if you are not so lucky, unless you work at a job that you can wear a hat if need be.