X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • howardroarke
    • Feb 2011

Intense itching with minoxidil

Hello,

I have been wanting to start using minoxidil for a while as my hairline has been getting thinner and receeding. I bought kirkland version and it gives me intense itching and burning sensation for a while but after that it's ok. Is this normal? I am afraid that I will be loosign ground on the hairline permanently as it's already weak.. or should I just try out for 4 months which is when it's supposed to show some results? I have already been using generic finaster for about 3 years now and it saved my crown but not my hairline..
    Also, if there are any better versions of minoxidil.. pls let me know.
  • OrdinaryUser
    • Jul 2014

It may be acute contact dermatitis--this happened to me and necessitated my discontinuation of minoxidal (though I will probably give it another go soon). It's because of the vehicle that is used that irritates some people's scalp, and I am sure that the name-brand foam 5% one has a different vehicle that people tolerate better. Use a shampoo with salicylic acid, this will help soothe the scalp.

Comment

• johnnyoso
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by OrdinaryUser
      It may be acute contact dermatitis--this happened to me and necessitated my discontinuation of minoxidal (though I will probably give it another go soon). It's because of the vehicle that is used that irritates some people's scalp, and I am sure that the name-brand foam 5% one has a different vehicle that people tolerate better. Use a shampoo with salicylic acid, this will help soothe the scalp.
      yep I had it also i quit

Comment

• dueza
        • Sep 2014

make me another one who quit

Comment

• bluewater
          • Nov 2010

Foam Vs. Liquid

The foam causes my skin to react horribly. Burns, peeling itching. I don't have that problem with the liquid.

Comment

Working...