+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Considering topical fina or dura, newbie here

Greetings everyone,

I been lurking in these forums for years now. This is my first post if I'm not mistaken. My hair loss started around the age of 25.. I always had lots of hair albeit thin.

I'm 34 now and the past 5 years my hair started receding at the front and I remained in denial. Two years ago I underwent an fue to restore my hairline, well two fues for a total of 1700 hairs approx.

Only recently I noticed that my vortex is starting to show (on average I she's at least 150 hairs a day). I'm starting to see a small empty circle in the vortex area and I got terrified.

What I thought I would never consider before, now has become my only choice. I just can't bear losing my hair. And I can't keep going to HTs and eventually deplete my donor.

I need your advice please. I'm considering to either use fina or duta topically. I read some people crush pills and simply add to the bottle. What shall I go for? I know duta is better but riskier...

I need support before taking such a drastic measure.. What recommended doses can I use? I live in Lebanon and we don't get all this stuff. Any ready made bottles i can order?

I know that the liquid will probably go systematic however to a lesser degree from what I been reading. Is aloe Vera a good vehicle or stick to minox? Do I wash it out after a while or keep it on for the night?

Any help would be greatly appreciated people.

Bless

Well I was a Promox user for 3 years great success topical FIN, minoxidol etc. AFter his recent death I'm now switching to Polaris Labs who do similar stuff, topical FIN mixture etc. I never tried crushing tablets but I suspect a good vehicle is needed to deliver the finesteride etc.

Hello Jazz and thx for your feedback.

The Polaris you are referring to is a shampoo right? Will that be effective enough? Usually we shampoo for few minutes and rinse afterwards.

I been reading that some people mix dutasteride with aloe Vera gel and apply it for 10 minutes a day with great results.

There are just so many options to chose from right now; topical or oral for example. Fin or duta...

You know just reading about sides and horror stories on the net is enough to make ur balls shrink it becomes psychological and I bet many of the fin users who suffered; their sides were psychosomatic.

I currently on holiday in London and I booked myself an appointment at belgravia center.. I might just jump ship and start with fin and see how it goes. Maybe instead of the 1mg recommended dose I'll start with 0.5 and see how it goes.

Do you think 0.5 would be effective?

Best Regards

If topical fin is really that effective, then why aren't more people using it. Is it expensive or difficult to get? Just wondering since so many people are afraid of taking it orally, you would think they would try the topical.

Tarriko, If you decide to go with oral fin, yeah .5 ED is a good starting point. If it makes you feel better you could even start off with .25mg ED.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    If topical fin is really that effective, then why aren't more people using it. Is it expensive or difficult to get? Just wondering since so many people are afraid of taking it orally, you would think they would try the topical.

Tarriko, If you decide to go with oral fin, yeah .5 ED is a good starting point. If it makes you feel better you could even start off with .25mg ED.

When I first looked up Dr Klein and Promox I couldn't find much information, most people would call it snake oil etc. I decided to buy the stuff, guess what it was the best thing ever that I used for hairloss these past 3 years. The most annoying thing I find on forums is most people tend to mock good stuff, souly on the cost they can not afford to buy something they decide its a snake oil lol. Anyways now all us Dr Klein patients are screwed in a way, shame it's ended like this and it's more of a shame that no other doctor is willing to take his place. I personally beleive his products alongside internal FIN is the best regime ever, topical DMI mixture best ever that's my 2p worth. I have proved it with all my pictures and to those who believed me and tried his products know exactly how correct I was, it's just a big shame we lost someone who was in my eyes the best around, just like Dr lee was praised amongst so many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarikko View Post
    Hello Jazz and thx for your feedback.

The Polaris you are referring to is a shampoo right? Will that be effective enough? Usually we shampoo for few minutes and rinse afterwards.

I been reading that some people mix dutasteride with aloe Vera gel and apply it for 10 minutes a day with great results.

There are just so many options to chose from right now; topical or oral for example. Fin or duta...

You know just reading about sides and horror stories on the net is enough to make ur balls shrink it becomes psychological and I bet many of the fin users who suffered; their sides were psychosomatic.

I currently on holiday in London and I booked myself an appointment at belgravia center.. I might just jump ship and start with fin and see how it goes. Maybe instead of the 1mg recommended dose I'll start with 0.5 and see how it goes.

Do you think 0.5 would be effective?

Best Regards
    Best to email il give you my number jass897@hotmail.com, be carefull with belgravia they will charge you double for FIN.

Hey

Well that is what I'm considering. To start with a low dose, maybe .25 mg and see how it pans out. From what I'm reading, the results you get from a smaller dose are nearly similar with less sides experienced.

Back to another query, do you think there is any truth to the avodart + aloe Vera treatment?

Good point. I've not seen too many studies demonstrating efficacy of topical fin, so it's hard to say. The one study I saw that found both oral and topical fin to be comparable in efficacy was not statistically significant and used a pretty small sample size and during a small length of time to evaluate results, so who knows. I like to think, though, that it helps to combine oral fin with topic spiro or dut.

I am thinking about if, after I achieve hopefully good results from oral fin therapy, I could make switch to topical fin, dut or spiro to maintain the results. I don't want to be on oral fin indefinitely, no way lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarikko View Post
    Hey

Well that is what I'm considering. To start with a low dose, maybe .25 mg and see how it pans out. From what I'm reading, the results you get from a smaller dose are nearly similar with less sides experienced.

Back to another query, do you think there is any truth to the avodart + aloe Vera treatment?
    totally agree. maybe .5mg start though

Guys thx a lot for your replies.

I have spoken to Jazz on phone and by email and he was kind enough to assists with every query I had. Really an amazing and very helpful person.

I will be mainly on fina pills 0.5 MG EOD and minox. Along with regenepure shampoo if I can get my hands on.

I will report back with progress once possible.

Best wishes to all