+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default "The Twins" Gemini 1 and Gemini 2...The Video

Oftentimes we are asked if we perform procedures on actors, politicians etc. While we do we obviously cannot disclose who these patients are because of patient confidentiality requirements.

However, two stage actors from New York have agreed to document their experiences with us for others to learn from. Both Paul and Peter have extensive acting backgrounds and have traveled North America performing Broadway shows as well as on and off Broadway in New York over the course of many years. While this is not very unique the fact that Paul and Peter happen to be twins is! We are in a very rare position to offer a side by side documentation of twins before, during and after surgical hair transplantation.

This is the first of a three part video series introducing you to Paul and Peter. Over the next few weeks I will post the continuing segments and eventually their results.

Thumbs up

This is a good way to document their hair transplant journey. It’s also rare to see adult twins who still wear the same outfits in public. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    In all honestly, I think these guys are very brave to put themselves out front for the world to see. I love this site!

Default Hey, Everyone! Wanted to Chime In, and Tell You This is REAL!!

Hey, Everyone!

This is Peter ("Gemini2"), and Paul ("Gemini1") and I are very happy to report that our Journey with Hasson and Wong was an absolute joy from the moment we walked in the doors of the clinic!

Please read our individual blogs to get a more "in-depth" Moment-by-Moment/Month-by-Month account of our procedures (see "Gemini1" and "Gemini2" in the blog areas...), with pictures and dated entries to document the journey; but suffice to say that even just 6 weeks post-op, we are certain that choosing Hasson and Wong for our procedures was one of the single best personal AND PROFESSIONAL decisions we've ever made...TRULY!

The professionalism, kindness and utter care with which we were treated were just the beginning, and it only got better from there...

If you're thinking about a transplant with H & W, you've found the very, VERY BEST!

More to Come as the Journey Continues, but wanted to put ourselves out here and let you know we are REAL and can't wait to share our continuing results with you...!

Very Best,

---Peter and Paul ("Gemini2" and "Gemini1")

film 5 Stars for Actors

I'm psyched to see these guys doing something about their hairloss publicly. I'm still lost why more actors aren't forthright about treating hairloss. Glad I could share my journey on YouTube to hundreds of thousands (Nalts) and psyched Greg Benson (Mediocrefilms) is joining me via Dr. Bauman.

Kevin,

Thanks for your comments. I too wish more actors were more forthcoming about their procedures. It would certainly go a long way toward removing the stereotype and negative image of hair restoration that the lay public still harbors. And good for you for being so forthcoming about your procedure and broadcasting it to the world on Youtube.

Peter,

Thanks again for sharing and we look forward to more photos of you and Paul.

Default 2-month update

Hello Friends,

This is Paul checking in, on behalf of the "Gemini Twins".

See Photo Updates:
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/album.php?u=2573

As Pete suggested in his entry here a couple of weeks ago, we wanted to put ourselves out here on the Forum, with periodic individual and mutual updates. Basically, we'll take any chance we can get to talk about the great experience we had with the gifted Dr. Hasson and his awesome team of hair-restoration pros.

We just hit the 2-month mark today, so we compared notes on how we're feeling, with almost identical reactions.

We're in that depressing (though entirely expected) "Charlie Brown" phase right now--that is, sporting a big, round, bald head with just a few curly wisps protruding from the forehead. We have each regained almost full flexibility and feeling in the back right side of the donor area. However, we are both still experiencing numbness and tightness in the back left side of the donor area. It's actually reassuring that we're both having this experience, since it would be much more alarming if one of us was, and the other wasn't. Still, we're not particularly worried at this point, since everything else seems to be improving as Dr. Hasson told us it would.

I know Peter mentioned in his last entry just what a reassuring experience it was dealing with Dr. Hasson and his team during our procedure, but I wish to second that sentiment here. In the darkest days of the recovery process (like those we are going through now), it is so much easier to trust that everything is going to be alright when a Doctor you entirely trust has told you it will. But the only way Dr. Hasson earned that trust was to treat us with great care, respect, and compassion throughout the process. Peter and I consistently remind each other how lucky we feel to have found Dr. Hasson and the H&W Clinic. It was without a doubt the finest choice we could have made for our hair-restoration needs.

Please feel free to write either one of us with questions about our experience with this great group of folks. Meantime, we are wishing the very best to all considering the procedure.

More soon.

Warmest,
    "The Gemini Twins"

Default The Gemini Twins at 3 months

Hey Gang,

Paul checking in on behalf of the Gemini Twins at the 3-month mark. Wish we could say we are in great spirits, but--like just about every other patient on here at Month 3--we're in the lowest phase of the process right now. Only a little new growth to report for each of us in the recipient area, but obviously, that's par for the course at this stage. There has been continued reduction in swelling in our mutual "problem area" (back left donor area), but we both continue to experience some pain, numbness, and sensitivity there. Hoping and trusting that this will keep improving until it is non-existent (hopefully in another month or so). We're hanging in strong during this phase, and it's great to have the support of Dr. Hasson, his awesome team, and other successful patients on this forum. Thank you ALL for your continued encouragement! See you all in a month!

--The Gemini Twins

Default Peter Checking-in for "The Twins" for Month 4!

Hey, Everyone!

Just wanted to check in with the Forum on behalf of Paul and I (the "Gemini Twins").

We have just reached the 4-month mark, and continue to have (pardon the pun) virtually "identical" progress/results...!

We are both (THANKFULLY!) seeing the first signs of REAL growth--especially in the front and at the hairline. And while it is truly JUST the FIRST signs (hopefully there is MUCH more to come!), it is a good deal more encouraging, as for the first time EVER, we are actually watching our hair grow THICKER rather than THINNER in front and on top!

What last month were just wisps and very fine single hairs here and there, are actually thickening, lengthening, and providing at least the START of some actual "frontal coverage" for us...

Pain and itching continue to lessen greatly with every month, and now it really is much more often a question of "tenderness-to-the-touch" than anything else, and only very occasional itching... We both continue to have some minor sensitivity, numbness and tenderness in our "problem area" (on the back left side of the donor area), but it gets better by the day, and we are hopeful in another month or so it will subside altogether...).

The "pinkness" of the recipient area has improved greatly as well, and is now a very light-pink: almost unnoticeable for both of us, unless you were actually looking for it.

The biggest evidence of the improvement between last month and this month is the fact that we both are routinely going out in public without our baseball caps now, and we have both returned to auditioning for the first time since our procedures as well--(albeit with the help of a bit of Dermmatch to help "fill in the blanks" still there...!) This was a huge step for us...

We remain in touch with the office of Hasson and Wong, and they continue to provide much needed and appreciated help, guidance and encouragement--they are so committed to the long-term support and care of their patients, it NEVER goes unnoticed or unappreciated!
    They are the Best!

As always, please check our individual blogs/sites for more detail of our specific experiences, and thanks for your continuing questions and support!

We'll keep on keeping you posted!!

Best,

--Peter and Paul ("Gemini 2 and Gemini 1")

Default The Gemini Twins - Month 5

Hello Friends,

Paul checking in for the Gemini Twins at the 5-month mark.

See Photo Updates:

As you'll read (more extensively) in our individual journal entries, we've each seen slow but steady growth this month in the donor area. We "think" we seem to be on track, but we are having a mutual concern about the current thinness around our entire hairlines. That is, the central part of the donor area seems to be growing quite well, while the front hairline (especially in terms of density) seems to be growing slower and thinner. I think one could easily attribute this to the assumption that the 3-and-4 hair grafts were probably placed a bit further back, while the 1-and-2 hair grafts were used up front. I have looked at other guys' pics on this and other forums, and the results differ significantly at 5 months, but there are enough guys who have similarly thin hairlines at this point to reassure us that it is likely just "that point" in the growing process. Hopefully, we have much thicker hairlines ahead!

We both also concur on how much body and strength the Proscar (finasteride) seems to have given our hair in the past 5 months. It's definitely a noticeable difference, for which we're grateful (and it bodes well for continued use of the product!)

Best to all of you in the coming month.

See you in March!

Default "Gemini Twins"--Dr. Hasson--6-Month Post Op!

"Gemini Twins" 6-Months Post-Op

Hi, Everyone! This is Peter ("Gemini2") checking in on behalf of myself and my twin brother, Paul ("Gemini1") at the 6-Month Mark, and it's definitely STARTING to get EXCITING...!

See Photo Updates:

Paul and I continue to have very similar ongoing experiences in our results, and have taken heart in the fact that we both seem to be advancing at the same pace...We feel lucky to have each other for a frame-of-reference, and hope we can continue to provide the same for all of you...!

We are both enjoying what seems to be ever-increasing coverage and growth--especially on the top--and have both remarked how exciting it is to catch glimpses of ourselves in the mirror with an ever-darkening hairline...! The hairs started out very fine and light, and the progress is always slower than one would like, but DEFINITELY steady... As the momentum grows, so do our hopes...As seems to be the case every month, the more that comes in, and the thicker and stronger the hair grows, the faster we WANT it to grow--but ultimately there is no doubt that it IS coming in!

We have always heard that the 7 and 8 month marks are where you begin to get a stronger picture of what you might expect longer-term, so we are hoping that the trend continues and increases!

On a slight "down-side," we have also both noticed a slight increase in sensitivity and mild discomfort returning to mostly the donor area, but also a bit in the recipient areas... At first we were individually concerned, but again, when we realized that we were both experiencing the same thing, we relaxed a bit, and theorize that perhaps with the healing that is happening, the nerves and sensation are returning to the area, and this is actually ultimately a good thing!

We will check in with Dr. H. on this to be sure, but until then we continue to be increasingly impressed and excited by his amazing work, and SO thankful that we chose H&W for our procedures...!

Eagerly anticipating the 7-8 month growth!

Stay Tuned...