+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

@Hellouser: I agree. Although I look fine bald and am perfectly happy with my looks, I can't stand when people mock bald celebrities or politicians. By doing so, indirectly, they are mocking all the baldies by treating it as an inferior trait.

SMP looks ridiculous, in my opinion. Or at least in the photos I've seen.
    Plus it really limits your options, depending on the norwood level, I can't imagine it helping any HT. It would just be like a weird tattoo that you can't remove. Maybe it looks ok from hundreds of feet away, but then that's really not worth anything.

Anyway, if you are really sure they are mocking you, then here is my suggestion.
    You should just play the game, and be give a slightly 'alpha' response, by telling them that hairloss doesn't bother you.
    If they are really trying to mock or be rude, then you are not going to get any sympathy from them, so just lie and tell them you don't care about hairloss. You're a man and it's normal.

That is what society expects. I know you do care really, but with some people maybe it's just easier to play the society game.
    Pretend like you don't care and that you 'are being a man about it'.

Save your real conversations and feelings about your hair for people who care, and who can act more like adults.
    You know, actually adults, who can be reasonable and understanding. Not these idiots.

Sorry to hear you had a bad time with them, next time maybe try to ignore them. And remember, they will probably start to lose their hair too one day.

Anyway it's just a suggestion, hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    You need to move or something. You must live around a bunch of rotten people if they are telling you that you look bad. Who does that? When I leave the house, the last think I am thinking of doing is walking around telling people they look like crap. As a bald guy you might not get the attention that you want, but I would imagine that most wouldn't give a crap if you look bad or not.
    You're right. I do get peace when I go for vacations. It's like when I'm at a place where I know no one from where I grew up is around, I feel safe and comfy.

Quote Originally Posted by mikes23 View Post
    @flight don"t go down The smp route. I"ve seen so many postings were The colors turn greenish Blue. Also, i doubt in person it looks as good as in pictures.

honestly just try to get as swoll as you can, get some ink, and you will be good.

You could be in my situation, had a ht at 19 and destroyed my Hair. Had two more thinking i could fix it but just causing more shockloss. Now i have a 30,000 combover that looks like shit, whrn before i use to wear any style i wanted.
    Cause of my Hair i quit playing ball(i was at a d1school) and Work 7 days a week to pay off these loans. But i only Work The overnight shift so no one ask about my Hair. Worst of all i don"t even know if The future hm will Work on me now.

So don"t feel so bad. I don"t want to make this about me, i just want to show you it could be worse. Just keep working out and you will be good man.
    I hope it works out for you. All the best.

Flight, you mentioned that you have tried growing facial hair and were told that you still look bad. I would say even if that is the case, do what makes you look better. If having facial hair makes you look better than completely shaven then grow a goatee or whatever. All you can do is work with what you have. I would rather look bad, than worse, if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by mikes23 View Post
    @flight don"t go down The smp route. I"ve seen so many postings were The colors turn greenish Blue. Also, i doubt in person it looks as good as in pictures.

honestly just try to get as swoll as you can, get some ink, and you will be good.

You could be in my situation, had a ht at 19 and destroyed my Hair. Had two more thinking i could fix it but just causing more shockloss. Now i have a 30,000 combover that looks like shit, whrn before i use to wear any style i wanted.
    Cause of my Hair i quit playing ball(i was at a d1school) and Work 7 days a week to pay off these loans. But i only Work The overnight shift so no one ask about my Hair. Worst of all i don"t even know if The future hm will Work on me now.

So don"t feel so bad. I don"t want to make this about me, i just want to show you it could be worse. Just keep working out and you will be good man.
    Did you get FUE by any chance. I thought the white dots were not too visible even at a #1. I guess I could be wrong. They probably are visible and on top of that, there could be a moth eaten appearance with FUE.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Flight, you mentioned that you have tried growing facial hair and were told that you still look bad. I would say even if that is the case, do what makes you look better. If having facial hair makes you look better than completely shaven then grow a goatee or whatever. All you can do is work with what you have. I would rather look bad, than worse, if that makes sense.
    Clean shaven works best for me. Maybe a slight 5'oclock shadow. I shave every other day.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    @Hellouser: I agree. Although I look fine bald and am perfectly happy with my looks, I can't stand when people mock bald celebrities or politicians. By doing so, indirectly, they are mocking all the baldies by treating it as an inferior trait.
    Oh well, at least we have sooooo many researchers out there working in a solution for us.... right? /sarcasm

Nobody gives a shit to help us. Society would rather have us stay bald. Positional good theory at it's best.

Quote Originally Posted by James7 View Post
    And remember, they will probably start to lose their hair too one day.
    Yes, this is a nice fact to remember: 50-70 percent of men start to go bald in their 30's, and this percentage only increases with time. They'll be in the same position not too far out.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Oh well, at least we have sooooo many researchers out there working in a solution for us.... right? /sarcasm

Nobody gives a shit to help us. Society would rather have us stay bald. Positional good theory at it's best.
    It's not society's responsibility to fix problems or be kind, it's to perform cold, evolutionary valuations, and select the best possible mate to reproduce with. Balding indicates senescence, which indicates lower reproductive fitness. It sucks it has to manifest itself early in some, but what can you do.