+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Take my word they are TOSERS, I wasted money private and with most doctors. Honestly the forums and the Internet is what saved my hair, I myself saved my hair and built my knowledge. This is why I'm still around on these forums to help you young ones realise what TOSERS most dems are aswell as most doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    Take my word they are TOSERS, I wasted money private and with most doctors. Honestly the forums and the Internet is what saved my hair, I myself saved my hair and built my knowledge. This is why I'm still around on these forums to help you young ones realise what TOSERS most dems are aswell as most doctors.
    Did they say your not losing your hair too?

It really depends on who it is. I think a lot of doctors are reluctant to prescribe propecia unless you walk in there like NW 6. If they cant see the hair loss in an obvious way they pretty much dont believe you if they know what it is to begin with. Some derms are better but also more expensive

No, they're not worth it. Most of them are idiots when it comes to hair loss. Some have never even heard of finasteride or minoxidil. All the information you'd ever need on hair loss you'd be able to get out of someone from the forums that's spent a year or so doing their own research.

Save your pennies... or go into a derm clinic and tell them they know shit all about baldness and walk out.

I agree you will learn more here then from them because we all know MPB is a really poorly understood problem. You have to get the prescription from somewhere though its just a lot of doctors really dont take it that seriously especially if you appear to have most of your hair. Im not sure I can blame though finasteride is kind of a risky long term idea just to prevent slow gradual hair loss. Which is why we have needed a topical treatment for say the last 20 years

Quote Originally Posted by joel203 View Post
    Did they say your not losing your hair too?
    Yes and they were more interested in my hard earned money, MOST dermatologists, tricologists and doctors are tossers in my eyes, when it comes to MPB.

Quote Originally Posted by NJhair View Post
    What was the scalp condition that you self-diagnosed?

And I agree with this thread, Derms have been 100% useless over the years in providing ANY type of relevant feedback to hairloss or it's treatments, except for suggesting Rogaine or Propecia (which some won't do).
    Minor scalp folliculitis with seborrheic dermatitis. I thought that most derms would be able to identifiy these rudimentary diseases quite easily, but the ones I have been to were mediocre, and didn't even do a thorough exam of my scalp that I explicitly said was burning and itching like hell.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryUser View Post
    Minor scalp folliculitis with seborrheic dermatitis. I thought that most derms would be able to identifiy these rudimentary diseases quite easily, but the ones I have been to were mediocre, and didn't even do a thorough exam of my scalp that I explicitly said was burning and itching like hell.
    Like nearly everything else, doctors are a mixed bag. I went to a dermatologist years ago to check out a dime-sized dark mole on my temple area. Could have easily been mistaken for melanoma by anyone doing an internet self diagnosis. There is a subtle difference between the appearance of seborrheic keratosis and melanoma. Fortunately the doctor could tell, and he charged me $250 to slice it off and burn the area with an electrical cauterizing device. On the plus side I learned the difference between the appearance of melanoma and seborrheic keratosis. On the downside, the dermatologist treatment left a subtle white scar. Not that noticeable, but nonetheless a scar. Several years later I grew another SK. It was larger. I don't recommend anyone else try this, but I used a salicylic acid gel on it. Once it was level, I used a product designed for Actinic Keratosis for about 3 weeks. The large seborrheic keratosis growth completely disappeared and there is no scarring whatsoever.

Click image for larger version

Name:	malanoma-SK.jpg

Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	34365

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 07:38 PM.