+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair transplant question

In late 2012 I took propecia for like 9-10 months and it did nothing.

I am on the way to going bald, my dad and uncle are both NW7.

I am hoping to get a transplant in 2-3 years but I really have no clue about the process. I think I've read that it is better to wait until you truly go bald to get the transplant? Rather than get it in spots but then your natural hair falls out.

Right now I shave my head once every month or so and take no pills or minox. Also I turn 31 in a month fwiw...

What do you mean by it did nothing? fin doesn"t always grow Hair Back For people but if it maintained your hairloss, then it did something. But if propecia failed you can look into avodart or ru.
    Btw what norwood are you. Imo anything over a nw 2 does not look to good with Hair transplants. Hair transplants are just illusion and most look better in pictures then in person. Trust me i"ve had a few procedures.

Your best bet is to wait and see if replicell, or one of these teams succeed

Did nothing as in my hairloss kept on the same trajectory.

I think I want to try avodart one last time before I giveup on hair loss remedies and look at the transplant route.

When I bought avodart before it was very expensive. What is the best way to get it cheap? Is there a generic? I don't want to spend $110 a month for it.

No need to wait till you go bald. However you should keep in mind that if your hairloss continues (like it does in your case), that your donor is only limited. If you fill up too high density now or waste grafts on things like lowering your hairline, you might regret it in a few years. So, try to extrapolate your hairloss for the next 10 years (if it would continue the same rate as it does now) and always keep that in mind when doing a HT. Good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by mikes23 View Post
    Hair transplants are just illusion and most look better in pictures then in person. Trust me i"ve had a few procedures.
    It really depends on your situation. If you are NW6, yes, I think HT's are a waste of money. But if you're in your 30's, your hairloss has stabilized and you're like a NW 2.5, then you can really improve your situation with a HT.

Yeah i agree, he just needs to give fin atleast a few years..to make sure his hairloss is stable. I am just a little biases against ht because a few years ago when i was 19, a doctor gave me a transplant and destroyed my Hair. I went From a nw .5 (just lost temple points), to a nw 3...due to that shockloss. Btw have you had a Hair transplants? After i had mine, i found this website and seen you comment alot on ht. Seems like you know alot about them so i got a question For you.
    Do you think replicel or any future treatments will Work on me, even though i have this scarring in both recipitant and donor site?

Btw Dave if you upload some pictures it will be easier to.Help you. But The best thing to do is go get your donor denisity tested.

Quote Originally Posted by mikes23 View Post
    Yeah i agree, he just needs to give fin atleast a few years..to make sure his hairloss is stable. I am just a little biases against ht because a few years ago when i was 19, a doctor gave me a transplant and destroyed my Hair. I went From a nw .5 (just lost temple points), to a nw 3...due to that shockloss. Btw have you had a Hair transplants? After i had mine, i found this website and seen you comment alot on ht. Seems like you know alot about them so i got a question For you.
    Do you think replicel or any future treatments will Work on me, even though i have this scarring in both recipitant and donor site?

Btw Dave if you upload some pictures it will be easier to.Help you. But The best thing to do is go get your donor denisity tested.
    I am likely done with fin, I am probably going to try Duta. Does anyone have any cheap/safe ways to obtain Dut? Pretty sure my doc isn't going to prescribe me it.

Also I am going to a HT transplant consultation sometime in the next few weeks. It is in Boston and I believe the place is highly recommended (will post name of it once I find that info, just emailed my Doc about it)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC9114 View Post
    I am likely done with fin, I am probably going to try Duta. Does anyone have any cheap/safe ways to obtain Dut? Pretty sure my doc isn't going to prescribe me it.

Also I am going to a HT transplant consultation sometime in the next few weeks. It is in Boston and I believe the place is highly recommended (will post name of it once I find that info, just emailed my Doc about it)
    many places online much easier than dealing with a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricons View Post
    many places online much easier than dealing with a doctor.
    Any recommendations? I am pretty clueless as to where is the best/most affordable way to get duta. I remember I bought avodart before online like a year ago and it was around 110 per 30 day supply.