+ Reply to Thread

Thread: newb intro

Default newb intro

hello, I'm new to the forum and to discussing my baldness with any legitimacy so if I use a term or acronym that is incorrect or offensive, I apologize it's my ignorance coming through, I'm not trying to be a dick.
    So I'm 36 years old and happily married to a beautiful woman. 7 years ago I decided I would accept my follicle fate and shave my head. My brother did the same thing, so it didn't seem like such a big deal. He was spec ops military and a MMA fighter so he looks badass while I look like a dead cavefish with thick black eyebrows.
    I was "fine" with it, as much as anyone could be I guess, up until 2 years ago. I've found that I have a very negative self image, and I want change. Needless to say I'm struggling with the body image thing since it's something I never paid much attention to. Now I just see flaws when I'm brushing my teeth in the morning. What I really want is hair.
    I've tried growing my hair out just to see and the sides some in nice but the tope of course reminds me of a forest trying to regrow after it has been cleared.
    I'm not closing any 'solution' doors but I know I would struggle with taking medication b/c I have other conditions that really limit what kind of meds I can take. I'm really leaning towards non surgical hair replacement system. I've done some reading and there is so much out there that I don't know where to start. Well I guess this is a good start. So I will leave it at that, do some more reading and ask some questions.