+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Question: Extracting Entire Donor for Shaved Back & Sides Look.

Sorry if this thread has already been posted.

My question is whether this look is theoretically possible?

With the advent of SMP there is an entire sub forum dedicated to guys going for the shaved look. I was thinking that while Dr Wesley's scarless FUE probably doesn't have regeneration, the vast majority of hair loss sufferers would have enough donor to fill the 'hair loss' region.

Whilst it isn't a cure - Perhaps the ability to move all hair to the top of the head & add SMP [& Body hair for texture] to the donor could re-create the illusion of a full head of hair.

Obviously the style options would be limited but it would most certainly [IMO] beat the shaved head, thinning hair & shaved SMP look.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasari View Post
    Sorry if this thread has already been posted.

My question is whether this look is theoretically possible?

With the advent of SMP there is an entire sub forum dedicated to guys going for the shaved look. I was thinking that while Dr Wesley's scarless FUE probably doesn't have regeneration, the vast majority of hair loss sufferers would have enough donor to fill the 'hair loss' region.

Whilst it isn't a cure - Perhaps the ability to move all hair to the top of the head & add SMP [& Body hair for texture] to the donor could re-create the illusion of a full head of hair.

Obviously the style options would be limited but it would most certainly [IMO] beat the shaved head, thinning hair & shaved SMP look

Thoughts?
    Hopefully it does have regeneration! I would agree that it seems theoretically possible and I'd also prefer this over a thinning top.

I've wondered this as well. If this was actually possible I don't think I'd be too worried about hair loss, it's an extreme-looking style but I'd rather that than having to shave it all off.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld Reekie View Post
    I've wondered this as well. If this was actually possible I don't think I'd be too worried about hair loss, it's an extreme-looking style but I'd rather that than having to shave it all off.
    But it wouldn't look like that. You notice the tight shaven look on the sides and like it, but you are still noticing hair. If all that hair was gone, it would have to be an absolute perfect job to prevent any form of scarring to look proper.

He said add body hair for texture and smp for density/look. I'd agree with the body hair, but not SMP. This would get pretty expensive I'd think, but if you had the cash It would likely work.

Expense is a huge issue. A Norwood 5 for instance would require over 10,000 grafts to get that look & judging by current FUE prices that's around $60,000 [Closer 80k with the BHT]. I can safely say that rules out 99% of hair loss sufferers.

I'll be interested to hear how much Pilofocus will cost. Unfortunately even if it's cheap - I'm guessing cheap still means 5+ dollars per graft.

To go a little more extreme - [Having had SMP before] - A Norwood 6 could achieve this look with Pilofocus & SMP alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=hewCfMk0Xvg

Quote Originally Posted by Jasari View Post
    To go a little more extreme - [Having had SMP before] - A Norwood 6 could achieve this look with Pilofocus & SMP alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=hewCfMk0Xvg
    That's not really a look worth paying 20+ thousand dollars for. Most of us would probably look like Frankenstein after the procedure, that is if any ethical doctor would even perform it.

The first problem is that you would have very extensive scarring on the back of your head. It would look like thousands of little white dots. The other problem is that the ink does not take well to scar tissue. Mostly likely, your head would end up looking extensively scarred and discolored from the ink. Maybe it would be possible to harvest a little more than would typically be done - maybe an extra 1,000 - 2,000 grafts - and balance out the thin look with some SMP.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    The first problem is that you would have very extensive scarring on the back of your head. It would look like thousands of little white dots. The other problem is that the ink does not take well to scar tissue. Mostly likely, your head would end up looking extensively scarred and discolored from the ink. Maybe it would be possible to harvest a little more than would typically be done - maybe an extra 1,000 - 2,000 grafts - and balance out the thin look with some SMP.
    That's why I'm interested in Pilofocus. It's said to be entirely scar-less.