+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie

Default Newbie

So I used to have really thick hair! then around 22 It started shedding like crazy!
    People would comment oh looks like ur going bald.. family members noticed but said nothing. I knew of course so i freaked out I really wanted to kill myself I'm sure u all can relate.! so I went on Propecia now I'm 35 and I have maintained alot of hair to the point that no one can really notice that i have a thin crown and overal thiner hair but Thank god for propecia life saver! No side effects I also would not take the generic ones I would not take the chance.
    If anyone one has any questions or wants to see pics let me know...
    skull..

Post some pics dude. Im guessing you have minimal side effects.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skullbox View Post
    I knew of course so i freaked out I really wanted to kill myself I'm sure u all can relate.
    Great to hear a success story, but killing yourself? There's so much more to life than a full head of hair.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by skullbox View Post
    So I used to have really thick hair! then around 22 It started shedding like crazy!
    People would comment oh looks like ur going bald.. family members noticed but said nothing. I knew of course so i freaked out I really wanted to kill myself I'm sure u all can relate.! so I went on Propecia now I'm 35 and I have maintained alot of hair to the point that no one can really notice that i have a thin crown and overal thiner hair but Thank god for propecia life saver! No side effects I also would not take the generic ones I would not take the chance.
    If anyone one has any questions or wants to see pics let me know...
    skull..
    Same story here. I am now 36, been on fin since 22. I switched to generic, which I get from my local pharmacy for $40 a month. It seems to be maintaining the hair pretty well. I have had a slightly lower libido lately, and some mental issues that you might consider depression. I tried the buzz cut thing a few times as a permanent solution, but I have grown it back each time because I think I can still get several more years out of my hair by styling the front to cover the recession a little bit. Sometimes I worry about the Fin losing its efficacy as I get older, and having to buzz it down eventually. I'm still anxious about what my long term plan should be, but I think I will keep on the Fin as long as I can pull off a decent style. What are your thoughts about taking Fin indefinitely? Do you think you will look into transplants later on if your hair loss progresses?

Well I want a transplant really badly !! although most people might not be able to tell that my hair is very thin because the way i style it I really want a thicker crown and get a straighter hair line to do different hair styles. I can't really style my hair at all its always the same kind of cut that im sick off and I'll stay on Propecia till I grow a new head and then even still i would probably stay on it, to afraid to get off it because somethings i feel like my hair is thinning. but still I feel like propecia had maintained alot of hair that it was a good investment. My brother is almost bald already and he has not taken anything and we are one year apart.

No side effects at all that I can tell.